Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinsetter blacks out

Good old #10 starts up like it should and runs awhile and then blacks out. By simply switching the circuit breaker on the pinsetter electric control box to off and then back to on, it starts back up again and runs for awhile. Then the same thing will happen again. I'll bet this is a simple thing for you experienced mechanics, but it is something I need help with. Thanks again for reading my post and helping me.
    Howard

Re: pinsetter blacks out

You didn't say whether the breaker was ON or TRIPPED when this happens, the following ass-u-mes that the breaker is ON:

Do these machines have the electrical deck jam interlocks on them (machine would have an extra relay inside electrical box, in a clear plastic case, and most likely the steel bar that looks somewhat like a pin gate strap coming up near the clutch lever to lock out the clutch in the event of a deck jam)??

If so, what's probably happening is a weak spring in the deck jam tube is causing the machine to flicker when the deck shifts back, which the relay interprets as a deck jam, and the breaker must be turned off to reset the relay. Tip off to this would be that the machine is at about 185 degrees, on second ball with rake just starting to come forward after sweeping when it blacks out.

Another possibility is that the breaker is just getting weak after years of service, would also be smart to check the condition of the wiring where it runs over the rabbit ears, and also near any other moving parts, but the stuff in this paragraph would cause the breaker to trip:

Kevin

Comment

Does your machine have electronic trigger

Doug
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Agree with Kevin
        Proberly have the deck jam kits installed on your machines,the deck and turret jam switches are wired parellel and if either on of them opens up it energizes the jam relay.Then the breaker has to be opened up and closed again for the pinsetter to come on.Check the turret Jam Switch and the deck jam switch to see if they are adjusted correctly and that they are mounted tightly.

Hope this helps,
        Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

Although I have never had the jam kit they are talking about but yes I have heard with this kit you need to cycle the breaker to re- start the machine for safety reasons.
          If you do not have this check the breaker with a meter.
          Put one lead on one of the bottom lugs of the breaker and the other lead on ground.
          If you read 115,or 208 then the breaker is good and you have this kit, if it reads zero then you have a weak breaker that needs to be replaced.
          I would also check the electrical box cover, if it is loose it can vibrate and trip the breaker, also can get false trips if breaker or wires are not secure.
          hope this helps.
          Graham

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X