Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to index

I have a machine that fails to index after the 7 pin drops off the snubber into the turret.
    I have changed the wires as it was suspected that the wires were worn and causing a drag on the pin. They are installed correctly in the wire guides, top and bottom.
    Trip lever works correctly on all other pins and this only occurs occasionaly, but it is bothersome at best.
    HELP!!!

Re: Failure to index

Hey Gene, the first thing I would check is the clearance between the halo and the 5 pin or center chute.

Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Gene:

I have had a few machines that have done this in the past ... Check the bushings in the trip pedal and the shaft the pedal rides on. Most likely the bushings are worn, and it will index fine on the other positions, but the 1/7/10 it'll sit there and look at you every once in a while:

Kevin

Comment

Gene:
        1/7/10s, are the hardest to index of all pins owing to the fact the pins impact is slowed by the inside of the wire, combined with the reverse slant of the wire. One thing common to four piece wires is the kickout at the bottom, they must be spread out so as not to impede the pins striking the trip lever. Indeed many times one has to take two large bars and spread them to allow sufficent impact on the trip lever. One also has to consider loose linkage in indexing mech. when this problem is encountered.
        Good luck.
        Roscoe
        rfm

Comment

Don't forget your snubber adjustment. I had that happen recently on the 10 pin. The subber needed to be a little closer, but without causing a failed to index on the 2,3,4,6,8,9 pins.

Comment

I want to thank all of you. I disassembled the trip lever shaft and found that both bushing were cracked and or scored rather badly, but, wouldn't you know, not a bushing on the premises. I ordered 2 and will put this thing back together when I receive them. I will keep you all apprised.

Comment

KL Kevin;
              Right Answer!
              You are the man!!
              Afer replacing both bushings on the trip lever and hand working the fit until it was very snug but loose enought to rotate on the shaft, there has not been a stop.
              Thank you very much.
              Gene [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Gene:

Glad I could help, but the credit goes to PJ at Zot, he taught me this one when he was the tech at BowlMaster.

My machines are in the 20,000's so wear in that area is becoming a factor. If one machine is starting to do it, well .... you know [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I keep at least one set on hand, since it's a brunswick-only bushing, and not always easy to get in a hurry. I've had to do 2 so far out of 16, and I have one that I have to go after once Labor day hits, and things slow down here:

Now you have two more oil points to add to your PM schedule, if you weren't hitting them already, as changing those bushings is a PITA [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X