Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A1 2nd ball rake overtravel

I saw an A1 machine that does not perform the rake cam overtravel getting ready for the 2nd ball. In fact, there was no cam follower on the outside rake cam. Is this something that is modified to work with automatic scoring? Is it an easy modification to do? Thanks.
    Howard

Re: A1 2nd ball rake overtravel

There is a simple modifications which consisit of adding a link to the outer cycle cam's reset lever.Part number 12-102033
    page 29 index #GB372.

Later
    Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

Howard;

The reason for the overtravel on the model 'A'
      machines is because they run at such a slow speed. They need the overtravel to get a head start on ball 2. On an A-2 its at 0 degrees because it can cycle on the 2nd ball very fast. Be fore you change over your machines and take out the overtravel, think about it. You must have a faster motor pulley on it first. Check out the 1 pinsetter thats like that, why did the previous mechanic make that change to begin with.

I have model 'A' machines with 2 Zot converted, and I left the overtravel in, they go alot faster.

Comment

Sal:
        They are marginally faster but vastly more dangerous, owing to the killer deck holding hook.
        JMO.
        Roscoe.
        rfm

Comment

I agree with roscoe about the hook situation, NEVER go under the deck on an overtravel equipped machine when it's on second ball, as the hook is the only thing between you and being 15/16" thick.

One other reason to get rid of them is that if the wire link gets stretched, the machine will run down to 90, rake down, deck down, and stop. Of course, if you want to keep them, changing the link is the answer.

Mine run at jetback speed, and the overtravels are mostly all "pinned out" (both clutch levers are pinned to the shaft) This takes the bearing/block/linkage out of the mechanism. Some still have the kit that peanut mentioned, it works well.

At any speed over original "A" speed, the overtravels are an unnecessary complication, and should be done away with:

Kevin

Comment

Uncle, I give up.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Roscoe:
              Sal:
              They are marginally faster but vastly more dangerous, owing to the killer deck holding hook.
              JMO.
              Roscoe.
              [/QUOTE]

LMAO again!!!

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

[ August 11, 2001: Message edited by: Ed Fox ]
              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X