Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting empty rack

ocasionally lane 13's rack drops...so we puch reset....and it resets but sets no pins down, reset again and everything is fine....only does it maybe once every other night....any clues where to start?

Re: setting empty rack

The rake dropping and not triggering is one problem,and the empty rack is another.....

IS the pinsetter on 1st ball or second when the rake is down....
    Peanut

Comment

NEAD MORE INFO [1]DO YOU HAVE SHOTGUNS [2]BENT DECTOR ROD OR AJUSMENT NEADED [3]DECK STABLEICER BARS ? BENT [4]MISSING OR BAD DECK POST BEARINGS [5] ON AND ON ????? WEPAULS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

NEAD MORE INFO [1]DO YOU HAVE SHOTGUNS [2]BENT DECTOR ROD OR AJUSMENT NEADED [3]DECK STABLEICER BARS ? BENT [4]MISSING OR BAD DECK POST BEARINGS [5] ON AND ON ????? WEPAULS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

SORRY

Comment

OH,a ghost rack?Where as the rake drops,you push reset to get it going but it set's no pins until you do it again right??
            Could be a bind in the blocking fingers in that one of them is not able to be out of the way until machine cycles OR in the detector area.
            NEED MORE INFO TO BE ABLE TO PIN POINT TO THE AREA.
            Phantom(ghost)racks do happen on A-2s ya know,trick is to watch things closly to locate the culprit.Hopefully i can help ya out,i've had many a ghost rack happen.More Info please.

Comment

As I read your post. The (rack) falls down. (meaning the pins are set from the holding hook) or drop and fall over instead of setting a new set of pins. And then you push reset button, and it sets no pins.

Sounds like your lowering hook is slipping off of the deck hook latch assy. So your pins are being set from respotting height. And this does not release your full deck signal.. Thus, it sets no pins when you push reset because it still has a full deck signal.

This would be my guess.
              Check (12-100186) Deck hook latch assy. in the detector to see if the front is rounded. As a quick fix, you can file it flat without having to remove it.
              You are better to replace it, as it will round over again.
              Let us know if this was the problem.
              Good luck,
              Marv
              77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

From what I gather from your first post is the deck dumps pins, then sets an empty deck after you re-cycle machine. Correct?

Sounds like deadwood is being dragged back onto pindeck and not allowing the deck to correctly set new rack of pins. Since the deck has not completed it's long stroke completely, the full deck signal to the turret is not reset and the full deck blocking finger will not rise, leaving an empty moving deck and full deck signal. Which is why you get a phantom rack on the next set; then it works fine after that because the deck was able to go down all the way clearing your full deck signal.

I would check you rake adjustments to make sure everythings good there.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

marv and kat have the idea....something is keeping deck from making long stroke,no long stroke means empty deck on next cycle.

As stated above some one will need to watch it, if spotting from detecting height you can hear the pins fall to deck. If pins are left on deck,the sound will only be pins falling over...

Deadwood could be as Kat described being pulled back on lane or the rake crank is bent and not sweeping once in a while
                  Peanut

Comment

I have a lane doing a similar problem,I have noticed it just recently,what happens is the deck appears to drop pins slightly late and they wobble and fall all over the place,but the machine finishes it's cycle and goes to second ball cycle,than when reset it puts no pins down.
                    The last machine we had do this had a cracked 1:1 housing so when we changed 1:1 assy problem gone.
                    willey.
                    always doing my best.

Comment

Every once and awhile I will have a rake drag a pin up on the deck when sweeping dead wood, and deck comes down and sets new rack of pins, then the next rack of pins they reset is a ghost rack. Perhaps you need to adjust your rakes so as not to not drag any wood back on to lane.
                      WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Brinkster:
                        Pay attention to Marv249. This is where you will find the problem. Don't get sidetracked. Replace and correctly adjust detector latch # 12-100183.
                        rfm

Comment

Yep...that would be where I would be looking too. Adjustment #16 page 3-20 in service manual.
                          TSM & TSM Training Development
                          Main Event Entertainment
                          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

ok, I do have shotguns. it is stoping at 270, rake & deck are down to 1 inch....I cannot reset from up front, have to go out back and trigger clutch myself. haven't got to look at it at non-cosmic times, will make time and check out some of your suggestions. thanx

Comment

oh and it isn't dumping pins before the ghost rack

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X