Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reset button turns on pinsetter

Here is one that has us stumped. Lane 1 pinsetter will turn on when you push the reset button. Both the button up front and the one on the back of the pinsetter will start it up when you push it. Also, if you walk in front of the pinsetter and the electronic trip sees you, it also turns on. Many times when it goes on it will stay on for a few seconds. I am guessing that maybe the reset button and the manager's control panel are sharing a common wire which should not be. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for reading.
    Howard

Re: reset button turns on pinsetter

if you did any wiring to that machine lately or replaced an elecrical part where you might have made a mistake you might want to check there. if there's one thing ive learned in this business ,you can shoot yourself in the foot really quick!!! :p

Comment

If you have strike lights in your masking units you may want to disable them. I have heard horror stories about "push reset button on lane 1 and lane 12 cycles" that clean up when you get rid of the strike lights. OK. Read your post on other topic. You do have strike lights. You may have a short or open circuit in a strike light. May not even be on the lane that is acting up.

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: mr.badwrench ]

Comment

Sounds like you have a "bank 8 Short" check your low voltage cables (recycle,ball lift control)going up front and see if a wire is nicked and grounding out.

Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

I agree with masternut on this problem. I had one pinsetter that when you stepped on the ball accelerator the machine would come on. Check all wiring coming from electical box to underground for a bare spot.

Comment

I also have to agree. Last summer, we replaced lazy susan front end returns with brunswick power lifts. When we inadvertently grounded the reset wires for lane 6, the machine turned itself on. Sounds like a "ground loop" between the reset button wires, the underground ball track and the low voltage control cables. That is not going to be fun to track down.
            The long term cost of inaction is greater than the percieved short term convenience.

Comment

Here is something to try, disconnect the cable going to the front ball rack for your reset button. Also disconnect the electronic triggering cable at the machine if possible. Push the reset button on the back of the machine. If it goes on, the problem is in your wire channel to the back of the machine where the reset button is mounted. If it doesn't go on, connect the cable going back to the electronic triggering and press the reset button again. If it goes on, the problem is in the wiring to the electronic control box. If it didn't go on, reconnect the cable to the front ball rack and press the reset button again. It should go on at this point and it means (through the process of elimination) the reset button cable going up front is grounding out somewhere along the way. Are the cables going up front the old style that are wrapped in a metal jacket???You may never find the problem if they are, just replace the cable with a single pair cable and discard the old style metal jacketed cable. The cable could be shorting inside the metal jacket and show no sign on the outside of damage. Just a thought...

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: JBEES ]
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I am having a similar problem with lane 10 at my center. If you toggle any wires along the rabbit arms the machine comes on for a few seconds. Plus, to add to the frustration, when the machine is on it may run anywhere from a few seconds on up to several days and then the 2-amp fuse on the Zot automatic triggering board blows. How could a bank 8 short pop the 2-amp fuse when the fuse is merely for that board -- or am I wrong?

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: NostalgicMech ]
                I've got your second ball!!

Comment

I'd start from scratch.,
                  eliminate all extras from the pinsetter., disconnect triggering,masking unit,bowlers resetbutton,accelerator,managers' control cable, and scoring if its there. and see if the problem still remains., if so , it is now easier to track down if not, begin adding all the above back one at a time till the problem reappears and then fight it...good luck and good bowling.

jeff

Comment

oh... and by the way make sure to jump across the 3 and 5 - conductor cannons to run the pinsetter.

jeff

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X