Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating Pit Boards

I have a few lanes that no matter how tight you get the bolts on the pitframe, you walk by a week later only to find the pitboard moved all the way to one side again. My pins are getting destroyed from falling into the side with the largest gap after the pitboard moves. Do ou guys have any old tricks to cure this situation? Its maddening tightening that thing every week.

Jerrid
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: Migrating Pit Boards

Hey Jerrid, try placing some carpet or something thin under the front of the board where the lip is. As far as the damaged pins go, I cut a piece of steel that mounts on the kick backs and goes under and across both corners of the shaker board. Even new fiberglass that stays in place can give enough to allow pins to get through and ruin the neck. I used a piece of 3/8" x 4" tall so it wouldn't bend and drilled holes to mount into the kick backs. I haven't damaged a pin in about 3 years now.

Hope this helps
    Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

I only have the A-2 style pit frames, but if they start to migrate sideways I put a piece of carpet under the clamp on the side it's moving toward.

Comment

Jerrid:

Quick and easy cure for this is to take a 2" long piece of lift rod rubber, cut it in half lengthwise, then insert between board and clamp with the inside of the diameter facing the pit board, on both ends. It'll give the clamp grip you won't believe ... she'll never walk again:

Kevin

Comment

Cool thanx guys Ill give it a try

Jerrid
          and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X