Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noisy turret clutch

I have a lane (2 lanes, actually) where the turret clutch is squealing very loudly. How would I go about making them stop squealing? It's starting to drive me nuts listening to it all day.

Re: noisy turret clutch

Deck Jam, More than likely it's your short belt getting glazed. Either clean it or change it. You remove the glazing with a piece of emery cloth. PJ
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

You will first need to determine which is squealing ,the belt or the friction disc...to do this listen as the turret indexes,if the noise stops as each pin indexes it is proberly the belt as mentioned above...if it only stops as the # 5 pin falls in and the turret indexes,it is the friction disc linning and they will need to be cleaned or replaced.Also if the lower turret clutch pulley is worn it can allow the belt to bottom out on the pulley,if this is the case you will need to replace the lower pulley.

Hope this helps,
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

HELLO

IF YOU HAVE DETERMINED THAT IT IS THE BELT ONLY MAKING THE NOISE, YOU CAN TRY TAKING IT OFF CLEANING IT AND THEN PUT IT BACK ON IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. GIVES YOU A BIT MORE TIME ON THAT BELT, BUT IT USUALLY IS THE LOWER PULLY THAT GETS WORN AND THE BELT GOES IN TOO FAR.

JEFF KUHNLE
        TWIN OAKS LANES
        TOLEDO OHIO
        WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

most of the turret noise is usually the short belt , the lower pulley, or the facing.I have used the plastic facings for many years they are great.If the lower pulley gets worn you should replace it right away because it will cause noise and indexing problems.When the short belt gets worn and stretch I would suggest you replace them since they are fairly cheap and can also create indexing problems.

Comment

Gotta go with the rest of the guys on this one...Replace the short turret belt and the bottom pulley. If the facing is glazed replace it also. Then install the Bowl-tronics PS-1 motor shut off unit. This will keep the belts from glazing over due to Counter People letting them run for hours with out balls being thrown. Sorry..........venting a little!!

Happy hunting, billman

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: billman ]
            let me be myself

Comment

For the clutch that squeals when it's NOT indexing:

With the machine off:
              Take a piece of 400 grit sandpaper, put it next to the 10 pin side of the small pulley, wrapped around the short belt, with the grit toward the pulley. Push the trip pedal, and index the turret so the sandpaper is caught between the short belt and the pulley, with the turret locked. Lock the pin gate, and turn machine on and let run for about 30 seconds. Shut machine off, remove sandpaper by indexing turret again, then thoroughly clean small pulley and turret indexing pulley, and the short belt, with whatever pinsetter cleaner you use. Squeal should be history.

Then, tell desk people that you will let the machines squeal to irritate them, unless they shut them off when bowlers are done [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

As a mechanic, there is only one noise more irritating ... the sound of a pit hammering because of a broken pit mount:

kevin

Comment

I have found that if you loosten the spring on the idler the squeel is not as bad when you are in legue when it starts when the belts heat up a little . after league then you can fix
                thanks
                Jim

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X