Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd stuff????

What are some of the weirdest things you guys have seen done to a pinsetter? Taking over a new center I have seen some things that I have no idea what purpose they serve. for example HERE is one...... A switch wired into the new pin solenoid to turn it on or off..... why? I havent a clue. Ive got more where this came from. Post pictures if you can, this ought to be interesting.

Jerrid

[ August 26, 2001: Message edited by: jerrid ]
    and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Re: wierd stuff????

i also just took over a new house, on my machines are the original service lights, that when a bowler up front pushed a button a light would light over the machine that was stuck. well those lights have been disconnected but the push buttons to shut off the light are still on the back of the machine, someone got the idea to put in a toggle switch to control a homemade dual pindeck lamp. the wires are run right down the top of the wire channel, (much fun stepping over and have your footing give out) and the dual pindeck lamp's are made out of filmsy sheet metal that bends when you go under it. i found this a bit weird
    bruce

Comment

Re: wierd stuff????

How about a homemade electric shotgun trigger built by mounting a cycle solenoid with a homemade clamp toward the front of the trip bracket? The extra solenoid was pinned to a lever that was positioned to trip the bracket via an extra long bolt through the top roller.

The kicker in this deal is that the signal for this extra solenoid was picked up from the same point as that for the factory cycle solenoid.

At least I had some spares...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X