Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball 1 -2 Lights

Question--Does anyone know how to change wires on the low voltage strip to get the first ball light to stay on at all times. We have model A machines and whenever ball two light comes on then ball one light goes off. Is there a way to wire it so that the one ball light stays on at all times. This would be make it easier with our new masking units. Also, we have brunswick as-90 scoring if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help!!!

Re: Ball 1 -2 Lights

there needs to be a jumper wire from one of the low voltage terminals to another. the schematics should say something about that. i know i read that somewhere. i'll look when i get to work, if i don't see it i'll look in my machines. my 1 ball light is constantly lit.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

You will need to locate wire # 43 from terminal TS2 #7 and move it to TS2 #4. This is the wire that goes to the 5 pin cannon plug terminal D
      (first ball light).If you have older version wiring and these numbers don't match up just let me know.

Later
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

We will try this and let someone know if this works. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Or....

You can just tie 2 of the wires together on your 1-2 ball switch. I think which are the right 2 wires right now, but just connect two of them together and see what happens.

Don't worry about shorting anything out (as long as you don't ground them out) because the wires are: common (24v) 1 ball light, 2 ball light.

There should be a green, black, and white. I think it's green and white, but i'm not sure. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Once you have the right 2, connect those to the common on the switch, and the other to the N/C terminal.

Anyway, it's worth a try.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

SC:

Peanut's way is the way to go, jumpering stuff could cause other problems ... see the thread:
            <a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363" target="_blank">http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000363</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a> For more on this topic.

In any event, try it on a pair first, just to be sure that the scorer's getting the right voltages to take data at the proper time (44 or 144).

I'm sure MNScorer will let us know if there are any issues involved in doing this, but if Peanut and JBEES say the same thing, it's been done successfully before:

Kevin

Comment

Moved wire from #7 to #4 and ball light stays on!! Caused the scorer to not score at 144 now. Will score correctly on first ball <44> but won't score at all at 144. Scanner does turn off after <44> like it is suppose to. Automatic scoring wires are on #4-Black wire,#7-white wire, and #9-red wire. Anyone have suggestions on where to move these wires. Thanks!

Comment

Flash--moved wire back to seven and put jumper wire from 4 to 7 and ball light will stay on. However, same thing with the scoring--will not score at 144. Just thought this might help someone with an answer. Thanks.

Comment

sc,
                  blk wire on ts-1, wht wire on ts-8, and red wire on ts-9...i think thats the way to go

Comment

1. Put wires back to the original places(compare to another pinsetter).See if scorer works correctly.

2.Post us to where the scorer wires hook to(the red,black,white)and also where the transformer wires go to the lower terminal strip.

You may have an early A model where the motor start relay and the 1-2 ball light uses the same transformer leg.

If you e-mail me with your center number I can give you a call to help.

Later
                    Peanut
                    Peanut

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SCbowling:
                      On A pinsetters move the wire on terminal 8 that goes to the cannon plug for the masking unit to terminal 1. You can also use a jumper from terminal 1 to terminal 8. We have done this on many installations for Brunswick 2000 masking units and with no problems with AS-90 scorers.

ED J.

Comment

Put a jumper wire from #1 to #8--One ball and two ball light worked backwards. Checked 1/2 ball switch and adjusted properly. Thought I would check out scorer to see if it worked like this. Scored properly!!!!!!! Just ball lights do not coincide with machine cycle. Wires from 1/2 ball switch are connected to-- 4-7-8 wire colors are green-black-white. Can I just switch these around to get what I am looking for. If so, do you have any ideas on which to switch? Thanks!

Comment

I made a mistake--we have AS-80 scoring with AS-90 boards. If this makes any difference. Thanks again.

Comment

Yea!!
                            you just said the magic word. The GREEN WIRE on 4 in the elec.box on the low voltage side.

Their are 4 S.O. wires coming up from the wire channel going over to the low voltage strip.The deck counter wire,deck jam,turret jam AND the 1/2 ball light.ONLY the 1/2 ball cable use 3 wire's (green,black and white)the green wire is the power or commmon wire,the black and white wire are the return wire's going to ball light's.

If 7 is the 1st ball light, move the top wire of 7 to the top of 4 if the GREEN wire is on 4.this will kept the 1st ball light on all the time.You can do as Brunsace said and do this at the switch but for me it's just as easy to do it on the strip than on the switch.

As for your score's take OFF the BLACK and WHITE 22 gage wire's and test for VOLTAGE.You should find 19 to 28 volt's at 1 and 8 when the machine is on 2nd ball and at 1 and 7 when your on 1st ball.

PLEASE NOTE!! this is NOT always the case.I have found the green wire on 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,and 11 so you will need to check for voltage.some mechanic's LIKE to move wire's around and rewire the elect. boxs to what they like.(been there seen that)

Scbowling; in your case the installer did not or could not find the right voltage on 1/7 and 1/8 for the 1/2 ball light's.SO he did the next best thing and install the black wire on 4 and white wire on 7. this gives you voltage across 4 and 7 when the machine is on 2nd ball.you can NOT read voltage on a closed switch or a stright line.You ONLY read voltage ACROSS or and OPEN line (ie- open fuse,open switch,light,ect ect). this will work as long as you do not remove the wire from 7 or 8 and move it to 4. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Later
                            Marty

Comment

Did what Marty said and ball light worked;however, the scorer didn't score on second ball. The scorer scored for first ball at 144 then wouldn't score for second ball. Mechanic said wires from transformer is from top--1st wire to #9 top, 2nd wire to #12 top, and 3rd wire to fuse. All wires on LV strip are in correct order. Might just try what Marty said to do and then move scorer wires around until I find correct situation. Thanks for any and all help.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X