• Rant

Re: Rant

What did you want to rant about?
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I want to complain about people that start a new tread and don't say what they want.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
      BEER: It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Comment

Comment

The post was focused on annually increasing parts costs while production costs and parts quality both decline. The part in question was the short indexing link. I mentioned no manufacturer as the part that inspired me had been in the drawer for ages.

My original post passed the message board's electronic smut filter but was later edited by this forum's moderator. I was dissatisfied with the censorship and deleted the post as entirely as possible.

On rereading this, I'm not certain I can use the term "passed". I apologize in advance for any offense taken from letters 2-4.

Comment

GOODY! MORE CENSORSHIP!

Bovine Feces like this is making this site go down the tube fast.

Don't say this because X company might be offended

Don't say that because Y company might be offended

Can't say !@#$%^&*&^%$#$%^ because someone's dog might be offended

Politically correct SUCKS, and I refuse to take part in it.

GROW UP, GET OVER IT, AND GET ON WITH IT, PEOPLE.

Scold me if you must, but I've had it with less than 100% open dialog around here. Things did not start out this way, and if this continues, I may be one of those who stops by a lot less often

Comment

Who censored you. I want to know who and his/her reasons behind the censorship. If it is Mike...I will admit he has the right to do so...but I also believe we deserve an explanation. If no manufacturers were mentioned...whose toes got stepped on this time?

This is getting pathetic. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

forget it.. was going to rant myself about some of the stuff I am reading. Just raises the blood presure.
                Mike Wilson
                Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

Mike:

To You, my sincere and unrequested apology.

We are aware of the difficulties in running this board. Just maintenance work alone must consume more of your time than you have right now.

If the language filter needs tweaking, that I understand, as time here has shown me that some offend easier than others.

I'll express my concern in a different way. Let's look at personnel. (DISCLAIMER: If you were canned by me at one time, I'm NOT talking about you, so don't even think about suing)

There are some people in our business that I would call "travelers" or "rolling stones". They wander their way across the country, doing shoddy work in place after place. In every center they have left, the staff says "good riddance".

Had the previous center manager been able to either tell the truth, or at least insinuate it when asked for a reference, travelers would not be able to last as long as they do. Yet when contacted AFTER the traveler has been terminated, the manager who would/could not give a bad reference is happy to whine about how awful the guy/gal was when they were stuck with him/her.

Above All, I am concerned about the credibility of the site. While I'm not privy to the details of the "edited by moderator" post, I too was not thrilled with the construction of the last batch of that particular part i received from a particular manufacturer.

If the post consisted of fifty expletives and then the name of the part, that's one thing, but we as members here still should be able to say that we feel that the construction of a particular part by a particular manufacturer is sub-par in our opinions.

If enough of us say a part is sub-par, a savvy manufacturer would maybe re-think their design/tooling (to their credit!!!)

On the other hand, cheapening it and charging more is NOT a good strategy as long as sites like this one are around and open discussions are allowed.

I'm VERY aware of the fine line you have to walk, and I do appreciate all of it, Mike. What makes censorship such a difficult issue is that rarely do the rest of us see the initial problem post, we just see the results.

Those who don't scream are gradually watching their rights as citizens being eroded, one by one, day by day, by a government that "knows what's best for us". Scary.

And personally, I scream at the top of my lungs when I see censorship. It's just my nature [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Kevin

Comment

Not looking to start any fights.

I used the terms "pissed off" and "pissed." A word that while not genteel, certainly is not vulgar and shows up 34 times in the Bowltech forums search. Regardless, my post met the standards of the electronic Nanny in the preview form, so I posted it.

The editing was performed by Brunswick Forums Moderator "Larry" as listed on the forums index page. The editing only affected those two terms and in no way changed the content of the post. I thought that the new wording he applied sounded hokey and I didn't want it credited to me.

I recognize and appreciate the owner's and moderator's right and responsibility to edit any post made by any user. The moderator obviously found my post to be in poor taste, so I quietly removed it. Had the option to completely delete the post existed I would have done so, thereby eliminating the blank post that remained displayed. Instead, it remained, garnering attention that required my reply.

Comment

Chuck:
                      You put that to bed in a gentlemenly way.Good repost. Good explanation.
                      Roscoe
                      rfm

Comment

Hey, I was just trying to make a funny.......

After all, MOM always said I was very trying, on her nerves......

And if someone wants to edit me, go ahead, I don't care. I'll just repost it in latin.....

That was suppose to be a funny too...... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Execrate obfuscation

non illegitimi carborundum

Comment

As human beings I think we have to respect the wishes of others as far a use of colorful language goes.
                            I can reel off the 4 letter words with the best of them, and I too share the same frustration at times with the quality of some parts being sold in our industry. But I still live by "Do Something Constructive About It".

It is not my intent to discourage discussion of such parts on Bowl-Tech, In fact I encourage the constructive discussion, I am sure every vendor who visits this site would agree.

In my work environment I use proper channels and paperwork to report such problems. And I must say the companies I deal with are doing a much better job now than a couple of years ago of approaching and solving these problems.

Lets keep on posting our issues as we always have. Lets just be polite and constructive about it. I will not remove or edit any posts that are done in this maner.

Entry at Webster's online Dictionary

Main Entry: pissed
                            Pronunciation: 'pist
                            Function: adjective
                            1 chiefly British, sometimes vulgar : DRUNK 1a
                            2 sometimes vulgar : ANGRY, IRRITATED -- often used with off

Its funny how words mean different things in other parts of the world.

Mike
                            Mike Wilson
                            Bowl-Tech Inc..

Comment

All,

As a Brunswick representative - I would encourage you to post any legitimate complaints you have. I believe this site is all about letting others know when you have found or are having a problem. However, I would also ask you to make sure you contact us directly too. While many of us (at Brunswick) "check in" on Bowl Tech as often as possible, PLEASE give us the opportunity to address these with you in person. We welcome your contact at any time.

Dave
                              http://www.popevil.com

http://www.facebook.com/popevil

http://www.dandirito.smugmug.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X