Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent spotting fingers on moving deck

On #17 the 5 pin spotting fingers on the moving deck are spread about an inch further than the rest. The 5 pin hangs down lower when a new set of pins is set and is set properly, however it does fall down quite a bit. The fingers are on correctly, left and right. It appears that there was stress applied to the fingers and the moving deck "bent." What method would you recommend to "bend" them back to the way they should be? Thanks for reading my post.
    Howard

Re: bent spotting fingers on moving deck

I have a deck like that, only it is the 8 pin and the right finger. To get it to line up right, I put a spacer between the deck and the finger. I wouldn't try to bend the deck back. The cast aluminum might break and then you would have no place to mound your spotting finger. PJ
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I would just repalce both of the spotting fingers and that should take care of your problem. It is alot easier to do that then trying to bend the fingers back to a proper angle. And a lot less time.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry read the post wrong thought it was the fingers not the deck that was bent.

Comment

Howard
          You may have to replace the moving deck.
          Or you may need to have the web welded on the deck.
          Look behind the shute to see if the web is cracked or broken.
          Sometimes you can just shim the back side of the finger to fix the problem.
          Good luck!

Comment

Before doing anything take the spotting fingers and place them on a flat surface. They should lay flat. If they wobble, that means that the fingers are bent and should be replaced. To check further measures 1 1/2 inch up on the finger where it mounts. The distance between the fngers should be approx 2.9 inches. Anything above will tell you that the deck is bent.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me (Frank Miroballi at 1-540-459-7575).

Comment

Shims under the correct side of each spotting finger should make up for a bent moving deck. Although Ive not seen a moving deck bend.....Ive only seen chunks delivered into the turn pan.

...rob
              Space is the Place!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X