Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Soleniod Running Hot

Just lost 2 cycle soleniods (240V A2 Jap)in about as many days

First one died (soleniod buckled inside) found black and burnt relay contacts in time delay module my assumption is that the contacts fused together. Changed TDM & solenoid... still runs a little warmer than I would expect

Second one has been having trouble for a while (fail to cycle) thought I had it. Come in today and once again plunger stuck in soleniod... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Any ideas would be appreciated

Re: Cycle Soleniod Running Hot

Check your reset wiring. You may have a short somewhere energizing the solenoid. I've had that problem before. Happy Hunting! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with Brandon on it is a reset wiring problem.
      Check all the reset wires running up the underlane track towards the power lift paying close attention as they go down the accelerator.
      Also check your reset button on the ball rack up front.
      It can stick and cause the solenoid to stay energized too long.
      Graham

Comment

I don't know much about JAP machines but when this happened to my machines what happened was there was a microswitch that kicked off the soleniod after it energized. In other words when the soleniod tripped, it needed something to de-energize it. If the soleniod didn't shut down, it would melt the inside of those plastic soleniods.

Comment

Grease
          Is there a chance you might be installing a 110
          volt solenoid? I had that once & after a while
          the plunger stuck in solenoid.
          I would think if you had a pinch in reset wiring
          running front to back, it would be obvious, with
          recycles & set ups. If you are having numerous
          set ups you might try unplugging reset line from
          electric box and politely ask your lg. bowlers
          to throw an extra ball in the tenth frame to clear
          off pins.
          One other thing I just thought of, I had Bowl tronics electronic triggering in the centers and
          if there was something wrong it could cause constant firing.
          Good luck

retired and still guessing

molligan [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          molligan

Comment

Thanks to all for your help all solenoids that died were rated at 208/230V, no respots/recycles, Thinking of reset switches, electronic triggering and reset buttons just thought about some thing else auto score relays 10th frame relays...

First machine: has had 2 or 3 CB trip outs since changing TDM and solenoid?? not thinking straight enough tonight to chase this one...

As for my thoughts on the relay contacts in TDM after removing relay from TDM was obviously cactus put new one in and no problem with TDM (on another lane)

Second machine: fixed loose mechs reset switch and found that if you rotate the black button on the end that screws into the reset switch you can actually jam the reset switch closed??? and put new soleniod in no probs so far

Thanks again to all

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X