Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link Belts

Any opinions on these Link Belts - Zot sells them, good for just temp fixes or full time replacements?

Marty

Re: Link Belts

About 2 years ago i tried those link belts,i tried it on the ball wheel since i had a bad belt,it goes on in seconds BUT it stretched quite a bit from the tension, then when any ball pressure was between b/w and liftrod the belt stopped moving.,not enough traction on the belt to keep it going.Also used it on a short turret belt,that was just super,ended any and all squeals from the belts,had no index troubles.
    They are a good idea but seem to stretch too much,you can easily install them and adding or removing the links is not bad at all.The slippage seems to come from belts being to slick,almost a plastic feel to them but they are not.I'd stick with the usual belts.All in all a good belt "idea" but not for a pinsetter to me.

Comment

y6ou can get them from grainger for a little cheaper. i've thought about trying them for the motor to gbox and motor to elevator. since all mine seem to be different. still haven't decided. i probably wouldn't use it in an application with extreme tension such as the ball wheel, nighthawk just proved my suspicion. but hey, give it a try

alex
      Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
      Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
      Cloth: ShamWow!
      Machine: Johnny 5
      Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I had to use the split belt the other night for the ball wheel, pin got in rods and stopped the ballwheel and the belt got burned in half on the pulley while the guy was in the bathroom. Almost forgot I had a split belt its been so long, but the boss remember this link belt from long ago and told me to get one anyways, for the pinwheel if it ever needed. I did get it at granger - 5ft more for $20.00 less.
        Marty

Comment

I WOULD NOT USE THE LINK BELT ANYWHERE ON THE PINSETTER . WE USED THE LINK BELT IN THE BALL CLEANER ( BELT CAME WITH UPGRADE FOR BALL CLEANER) THE BELT BROKE LESS THAN A MONTHS TIME .

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X