Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuous turret indexing...

Ok... one for assistance from the collected wisdom. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Got a machine ('A' series) that started continuously indexing the turret. A quick look revealed that the time delay gear is running all of the time. If I pull against the latch I can stop it, but it won't stay stopped once I release it.

Can't tell from topside if the latch arm is worn/broken, or possibly the stop on the time delay gear worn/broke/etc...

So... I'm trying to decide how to pull the time delay assembly out for examination. (new territory for me) And everything I see seems to indicate that I've got to pull the turret to get to it. (oh yeah, now that sounds like fun)

Is my evaluation correct, or am I making more work for myself that is really required???

Thanks;
    -jim
    --- Just got a little center to call my own. Let someone else run the counter... I'll be running all over the place!

Re: Continuous turret indexing...

Check the rubber stop that the rear of torsion latch makes contact with, if it has a flat side on it, make sure the flat part hasn't rotated so the rear of torsion latch is hitting on a high spot. Also, are sure the torsion latch spring is on correctly?

You don't have to remove the turret to get the clutch plate out. Remove tension from the long turret drive belt. Drop the guard/cover plate off the bottom. Remove the turret cam. Remove the x-washer pins from the short link, and drop the front of the long link. Take the nut off the top of the drive pulley and pull the short turret drive pulley out. You may have to play with it, but you should be able to get the plate out with out too much trouble.

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: gibh ]

Comment

Leave the turret in the machine, Jim ... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

First inspect condition of the roll pin in the top of the torsion latch shaft that tensions the spring, and be sure spring is wound (with machine off, back turret up slightly, don't unlock the latch) if you push the torsion latch, it should snap back to locked position without any urging ...

If you gotta dismantle it ...

You basically remove the long belt, take off the belly pan and short belt, and remove the bolt holding the clutch together (If I remember right, it's a LEFT HAND thread???)

Then remove top and bottom pulleys, clutch plate,spring, and the nut that holds the torsion latch (gizzie that stops the gear from rotating. Remove torsion latch/stud it mounts on, slide the plate rearward till it falls out of front slides, then rearward a little more until it clears the rear slides, the you can lift the whole thing clear of the slides. You'll have to futz with it a little to get it out, but that's about the minimum amount of dissassembly to get it out to look at it.

Check the condition of both blocking surfaces, and the rubber bumper as suggested before, odd are you'll find the problem fairly quick:

Kevin

Comment

If you do have to take the clutch apart, be sure you line the roll pins on the spring guide up with the holes in the plate. Had someone mess a couple up like that.

If the time delay gear is constantly turning, it is most definately a problem with the latch or the gear.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

If you are working on old A's...you will not be able to remove the clutch plate as described above...you will notice that there are 2 plates with two bolts through each plate near the rear of the plate. Remove the 4 bolts and then slide the plate to the rear. (After you have removed the main shaft as described above) Lower the front of the plate and slide the plate down and forward. This will remove the plate so you can work on it. You will probably find the torsion latch post broken at the point it is welded to the plate. You do not have to remove the indexing cam on any of the machines to remove the turret clutch. Hope this helps.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Jim....Just so you know.....pulling a turret isnt that bad of a job. Its just a few bolts and part of the probe assy. The worst part is fanagaling the thing out of the halo! haha...

...rob
            Space is the Place!

Comment

could be a simple indexing trip lever adjustment
              If you expect the worst, it can only get better.

Comment

BTW: the final outcome

Cracked latch arm. How cracked??? When I pulled the gear plate out of the machine, if fell off! (the arm, not the plate) :p

Install new latch, drop it back in, check the adjustments, Magic!

Thanks to all the folk who advised me on the least painful way to remove the assembly.

-jim
                --- Just got a little center to call my own. Let someone else run the counter... I'll be running all over the place!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X