Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck heights

What should the height of the deck be when it goes down to detect on a strike cycle? Also what should the height be when it is setting a new rack? (Height from the pindeck that is)

Re: deck heights

Quote:]Originally posted by Deck Jam:
    What should the height of the deck be when it goes down to detect on a strike cycle? Also what should the height be when it is setting a new rack? (Height from the pindeck that is)[/QUOTE]

Deck Jam,
    The height of the deck when detecting a strike should be about 8 1/2 inches. The height when setting new pins is 15/16 of an inch plus or minus 1/32" for machines with scotch yokes and 1 inch plus or minus 1/32" for those with the long link. Check the deck height at 270 degrees.

Comment

Re: deck heights

Hey Deck Jam....

One other hint about deck heights. Make sure you check them at the three points the triangle shape of the deck makes (to make sure its level). Also....sometimes slightly tilting a deck a bit down at the front or down at the rear will help to get pins on spot if youve run out of room using the adjustment methods in the book (loosening the four bolts to slide the stationary deck foward or rearward). Down in front = pins back a bit. Down in rear (or up in front) = pins set a bit further toward the approach.

...rob
      Space is the Place!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...
      Working...
      X