Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broken deck hook cam lever

hi there
    i have checked all the adjustment to the deck hook cam lever they look ok ,machine runs fine until i walk away from it, then snap, another
    broken deck hook cam lever. any suggestions to why this happens would be greatly received.

thanks jon
    ps does anyone know if you can use a different brand printer on the as80 scorers

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: a2pinsetter ]

[ October 18, 2001: Message edited by: a2pinsetter ]

Re: broken deck hook cam lever

IF you have an A-2 pinsetter,make sure the roll pin in the deck lowering hook is still there and doing its job...it rides the deck lift shaft and prevents the lowering hook from falling behind the deck shaft pin.Make sure there are no grooves or binds where the roll pin travels.Make sure your deck lowering hook cam is tight if it is loose it can catch the bearing.

Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

OK, I am new P/T Mechanic. I have a similar problem i think. I have a cam lever that seems to be riding on the drive belt and cutting a grove in the belt. I have not had time to get into it yet to see why. If i can i would like to refer to a new post to better explain my situation. I'll call the new post "Question 101".
      Thanks, Steve
      "There is a Fine Line between Hobby and Mental Illness!"

Comment

Jon,
        If you've got scotch yokes, check the allen screw that mounts the yoke bearing stud. It threads in from the backside of the 2:1 eccentric. If it's backing out, it can snap the bearing end off the cam lever.If this is the case, you'll likely find wear at the stud and/or eccentric. I check mine from time to time just for kicks.

Comment

I've seen where someone has timed a 4to1 or the 2to1 off by one tooth, and the machine ran fine but It caused the hook to slam on the cam hard when It came back to o degrees. It should land on pretty smooth, or they can break.
          Good luck
          DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X