X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rake won't sweep

A CONVERTED TO JET BACK,
    RAKE LATCH FALLS ON ROLL PIN IN CROSS BRACE, RAKE
    WON'T SWEEP, CHECKED ALL ADJUSTMENTS, ALL ADJUSTMENTS OK, IS IT A DETECTOR PROBLEM? EUGENE@NEWWAVE.NET

Re: rake won't sweep

Two things to check 1.the rollpin can get worn and need to be replaced. 2. You might try punching the roll pin out just a little bit sometime the rollpin will get moved inward a little which allows the latch slip over the top of the roll pin . Good luck

Comment

Check the sweep hook link(12-250040)it proberly
      has worn holes(slotted)which causes you to have to adjust your adjustment link shorter.If worn too much you run out of adjustment.

Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

check the hook selector in the detector if the bearing on it is worn it wont ride the cam correctly and drive the sweep hook on the 4-1 into the block that the hook is supposed to engage

Comment

I agree with the first post... The roll pin may be worn or have moved. I have had that adjustment be so touchy that simply standing on the checker plate with your hand on the powerbox would cause it to latch. Go through the adjustment as shown n the book again and tell your night guys if it acts up to simply flip the latch up. It is only used during out of range anyway.
          41 years and still learning....
          lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X