Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck not shifting

I have a shifting problem with my deck. I have lowered it down to new pin spotting height took off the cable from the pulley. Then I would pull on the cable by hand and cant get the deck to shift it seems to be stuck all the way foward. No loose bolts for bind. even took off one of the geneva plates. Nothing seems to help. Is the deck that warped???? What can I do. thanks for any advice

Re: Deck not shifting

A couple thoughts:

Inspect the lower deck cable to be sure it's on the rear pulley and not wrapped around the geneva rollers or otherwise bound up.

Be sure the deck is not in "neutral", there's a place where the deck can be out of both genevas ... pull forward slightly on the turnbuckle and then carefully try to move the deck backward, if it will move more than about 1/8", it was stuck in neutral (watch out, she'll jump if it was) ... Otherwise:

Leave the deck cable ON, and remove both geneva plates. If the deck moves freely, then you know it's elsewhere. If not, check all spotting finger and slide plate bolts, it's possible a piece of stray hardware fell out of the top of the machine and bound it up. If it DOES move freely, then pull forward on the deck cable and check for tension ... if none, you might have broken a torsion spring (the big boy that retracts the deck.

Hope something here helps:

Kevin

Comment

Kevin gave good advice.
      The first thing I would look at is the front deck
      bucket mounting bolts.
      Numerous times I've seen the front bolt of a deck
      bucket come loose & jam things up.
      This is a 10 second visual check. (My type of job) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      Good luck

R&SL

molligan
      molligan

Comment

you might also want to check for a cracked spotting finger. I had one last week that was cracked and the finger bound up against the casting when the deck was pulled all the way forward...
        41 years and still learning....
        lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

molligan...a visual check of the bolts in the front of the deck chute may not be enough...check them to be sure they haven't broke just below the nut, leaving the upper hardware and top of the bolt remaining and allowing the bottom section of the bolt to fall down and bind the moving deck. The upper hardware will look normal if this happens...only by checking with your fingers or a wrench will tell in this case.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

JBEES
            I can't remember running across a front bucket bolt broken, hanging down, with the top nut & washers sitting in place but as I think about it, that would be very possible. Good advice. That is why I sign off the way I do.

retired and still learning

molligan
            molligan

Comment

I wasn't trying to trash your idea...I was just trying to add to it...I too, am still learning. Everyday...LOL
              TSM & TSM Training Development
              Main Event Entertainment
              480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

JBEES
                The last thing I would want is to throw someone ( a newbie ) off. When answering the question of a deck binding, from my experience the most common is the front bucket bolt. Spending the extra 30 seconds putting a wrench on the nuts is good advice.

R&SL

molligan
                molligan

Comment

Im a newbie!! Ha. I have seen the bottom of bolts broken off with the upper part still attached and tight even! When extracted, the bolts look like theyve been in there 20 years. The machines Im running have been in place for 40 years tho. That fact, plus a possible lack of PMing would account for a stuck broken bolt. Also...I didnt know about the "neutral" position and was called in one night for a stuck moving deck. She snapped back allright. Startled me.

....rob (2 yr old Mech)
                  Space is the Place!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X