Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger Trouble

I have a problem with two machines (A-2) when a ball is thrown on #2 , #1 machine resets. The optical triggers are mounted in diferent places on the two machines, one right under the the rake and the other a few inches in front. Any Idea's fella's?
    The New Mechanic
    "There is a Fine Line between Hobby and Mental Illness!"

Re: Trigger Trouble

What brand of triggering is it?
    Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

Possible one of your bowler's reset wires is grounding on a subway track or shorting itself together ... First thing I'd look at is disconnect bowler's reset plug from machine and see if it stops ...

Kevin

Comment

Make sure the ball detects and the reflectors are tight. I have had them vibrate loose and the impact of the ball on the next lane would cause a trigger... Also, I have had ball detects that were extremely sensitive to vibration. Trade out the ball detect on lane 1 and see if that stops the problem...
        41 years and still learning....
        lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Is your Brunswick A-2 triggering still hooked up? If it is and the vibration of a ball hitting on one lane makes the rake drop on the other, the Brunswick triggering will kick in.

Comment

also if you have accelerators you may want to check your wiring coming from your reset buttons up front i had a pair once that would reset on the even lane when the ball went through the accelerator coming from the odd lane due to the fact that the accelerator would move just enough to ground out the wires and reset the lane.....it's a longshot but you never know.
            happy hunting,
            brunsmechanic
            GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Comment

Our lane machine strips the lanes as it oils. It sprays emmulsifier out on the lanes while it travels foward. The mist after many weeks will at times coat the reflectors and detects and cause the "spray" pattern of the beam to be wide and the reflector not to reflect back properly. Ive also seen detects get hit by pins and be off target and even use the reflector on another lane. This has caused one lane to cycle when a ball is thrown on another lane.

..rob
              Space is the Place!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X