Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jams against turret

I am having a problem, when the deck is full with 10 pins. And the machine is down resetting pins for 2nd ball, the 5 pin in the deck chute will sit a little funny at times jamming up against the turret when it comes back up causing the machine to black out. It is starting to happen on a few machines. I have checked everything from buckets to deck rollers to spotting fingers. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Eddie. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Re: Jams against turret

HEY EDDIE

NOW I DONT CLAIM TO BE AN ACE MECH. BUT WHAT I DO, AND IT SEEMS TO WORK, SINCE YOU SAID EVERYTHING ELSE LOOK O.K. IS TO CLEAN OUT YOUR BUCKETS GOOD AND TAKE SOME CAR WAX TO THE BUCKET AND WIPE IT OUT REAL GOOD. AND IF THAT DOESNT HELP YOU MIGHT COULD TRIM A BIT OF THE SKIRT OFF THE END OF THE BUCKET.

HOPE THIS HELPS

JEFF KUHNLE
    TWIN OAKS LANES
    TOLEDO OHIO
    WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

eddie,
      if you are talking about the 5 pin jamming under the turret cam when the deck is going from 90 to 180 and /or 270 to 360 with the deck full....
      I have seen this happen in centers where the pinsetters are two low on the kickbacks and the gearbox link (or scotch yoke)is adjusted to get deck height.This puts the the clearence between the turret and deck too close.
      Also check to see if you have button head screws holding your indexing cam on,some mechanics use a socket head screw,which is fine if the clearence
      is good.But if the deck runs high the head of pin can catch on the socket head bolt.

The deck/turret clearence problem can also cause the spoons not to lock back at times,due to the pin release lever catching the top of the 5 pin when trying to relock.

Hope this helps,
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

Ya got that bottom cover on the turret?
        Marty

Comment

Maternut is on this one. Look at the cap screws you are using to hold the indexing cam on. Be sure they are of the button head style. Good luck...
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Another thing to try is cut the skirt off of the deck chute.
            Take the chute off and cut away the bottom portion of the chute.
            This allows the pin more play and take away the pin from jamming at a bad angle.
            Graham

Comment

try checking the scissor for the 5 pin if it is not opening all the way the pin can get hung up on it ive also seen the deck pads get worn and the pins hang up on those

Comment

I just want to thank everyone for their help, I believe it could be the hex head bolts on the bottom of the turret ring. We replaced the button head screws during the summer, I will go back and replace the ones I did. Thanks again.
                Eddie.

Comment

Eddie,
                  I hate the button head screws too,its hard to get good and tight with out stripping allen wrench.

We replaced ours with a torx botton,
                  can get alot more leverage without stripping wrench.

Just a thought to share,
                  Peanut
                  Peanut

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X