Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Lever Stop Bracket Adjustment Question

I got to thinking about this adjustment today after adjusting one and noticing quite a bit of wear on some others that were already adjusted properly.

Just to clarify which brackets I'm talking about, it's the one that keeps the rake board from falling behind the pin deck should the shotgun fail to latch.

What, in your opinion, is the best adjustmet method for this piece. The book says to make the adjustment to a 1/8" gap at 180, but the v lever is actually at it's lowest just before 180. Would it not be better to adjust to spec with the cam in FULL low dwell, (2 full clockwise rotations of the worm shaft) or would this make it too low to be effective?

Also, the shotguns VERY rarely fail to latch so there should not be that much wear.

This is not a real problem as much as a curiousity that's been bugging me.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Re: V-Lever Stop Bracket Adjustment Question

thats easy just put rake all the way back make youre adj. trip shotgun look and see what you have readj.as needed.

Comment

I like to put the machine at 180, push the bracket all the way up against the V-lever, mark it, then move it an additional 1/16 inch up just to be sure. This also helps when the neck of the pin gets trapped under the rakeboard, it will drop into the pit.

Comment

The thing to look at is the way the adjustment is written in the book.

Step 5 - Cycle the pinsetter to exactly 180, with the rake in its rearmost position. Shut off the power. Manually engage the gear box clutch and rotate the input worm shaft two full revolutions in the reverse direction (clockwise when viewed from the rear of the pinsetter). Loosen the six bolts around the hub of the rake lift cam and allow the pressure of the rake cam follower to rotate the cam as the follower seeks the low level of the cam. This action will place the rake lift cam "in time" with the gear box. Tighten the six mounting bolts.

Step 6 - With the rake still at 180, loosen the bolt that mounts the rake lowering stop bracket to the top, left hand side of the pinsetter frame...

OK - that's enough. Notice the begining of step 6...it says "With the rake still at 180". You make this adjustment at two revolutions before 180 if you follow Step 5's instructions. So...you were right in thinking the best place to do the adjustment is in the lowest point of the rake lift cam. Alot of mechanics make this mistake and adjust the stop bracket at 180 and they find they end up with a wear mark on the stop bracket and don't know why. Most believe it is supposed to be that way. Now you know better.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Thanks Steve!!..I thought so...
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X