Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A first for me!

Yesterday the 12th, no school, full house all day, walking by #18 (24 lane house) hear a thump, thump. Ball wheel lopping. Tell front desk to tag so I can check it when bowlers finish. Ball wheel separated at joint before I could get back to it. Thats a first for me in 18 years of working here. PJ
    I'm going fishing and camping!

Re: A first for me!

I have seen ball wheels get sou out of round that you can't use them. Never heard of one actually seperating- think you could get some pics?
    are they jap machines w/bad steel?

Comment

And to think, the ball wheel seems to be the thing we have the least trouble with on those machines!

Comment

I had one separate before. Not a pretty site!!
        it broke at the joint where it was originally welded together.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I have never had one break in 24 years! However the center that I am at now has 3 in the basement that are broke in the joint. I will never throw them out because one never nows when one will be needed. They do look like they can be fixed.

Playball2hard
          Treat everyday like it could be your last day!

Comment

Had one break on me about 2 years ago during league of course. Haven't had any break since. We have one that was welded over 4 years ago and has held up no problem, knock on wood!

Comment

Had one break 6 months ago. Got a welder to do it without taking the wheel out. Is that how you others welded it when it happened to you? Is looked like way too much work to extract the ball wheel.

....rob
              Space is the Place!

Comment

I replaced mine (alot of work). Had the other one welded for a spare.
                <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Had one break about ten years ago...replaced six bowling balls that night. Took that many bowlers before someone complained that balls were being damaged. Duhhh...

Removed cross conveyor, loosened electrical channel and swung it to the side of the machine, removed the motor shaft, took off the side elevator mounting bolts, loosened ball wheel guide rollers, loosened lower elevator mounting bolts, tipped elevator rearward just enough for the ball wheel to clear the worm shaft (used the proshop guy for help), and lifted ball wheel out. Then set another back in and reinstalled everything. I had it welded later, but never had to use it. Not too long to change...good luck.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Hey,

Seen only one break in my 24 years of working on pinsetters. I got real worried because it was in a house that had the Japanese pinsetters, and I was constantly having to repair those "laminated" pin wheels. Glad I wasnt going to have to deal with ball wheels too!

Chalk it up to old age, or a fluke. Its not something you should worry about.

Wookie

Comment

Well I Will Be DAMNED!! I mention welding a broken pinwheel on here and two days later ONE BREAKS!!!!! Those pinsetters can hear me all the way over here in my home. Geez!!!

Space is the Place!

Comment

Um...oops....Ball Wheel. haha
                        Space is the Place!

Comment

Add another to the list of guys that have had a B/W break on him. Mine were Jap A-2s as well.
                          I attacked it similar to the way JBEES mentioned but I swung the elevator frame out more like a door hinged at the lower 10 side mounting point.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X