Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yo yo ing balls

hi, new member, been in business 42 years at wits end with yoyos. have three or four kicker strips per wheel, we use defence oil 40 feet, good rods, adjusted right,good caps on lower and upper part of rods, resin and plain urethane ok, but we have plenty of plastic house balls, cosmic balls, and bowlers who just dont know any better than to use a black diamond or some other out dated ball. were running tailfeathers off help anyone?? thanks so much.
    ray miller

Re: yo yo ing balls

Ray
    Just an idea. What I found to work with the new oils and a wide mixture of cover stocks was to replace all the original spring rod springs with the two springs from the moving deck control cable.

Comment

This is the scenario I found on two machines that were very troublesome on yo-yo's.

Urethane bottom cap on front rod, plastic balls tended to bounce off, and not get into rods. Pin chaser raised the clapper block to get the ball to go in. When block came back down, it was too high, and the ball would yo-yo midway up, even with the rod clamps installed.

I got whizzed about it, cut a piece of rubber rod cover long enough to replace the urethane cap, split it so I could get it over the rod, then drilled 4 sets of holes in it to attatch it to the rod with 4 wire ties (over the top of the rod, wire ties never touch the ball). Then lowered the rods, because the rubber simply grips the ball better. This gave the spring enough leverage to get the balls up with no problems, even without the rod clamps.

I can post a pic if you're interested, it's cheaper than urethane cap, and far better on ball pickup at bottom of rods ...

Kevin

Comment

Yoyoing balls are a real challange and there is no one single answer but here are a few things you can try.
        1. Be sure to clean your rods and ball wheels often.I would clean the ball wheels daily.
        2.Be sure the ball wheel is in adjustment and all your guide rollers are good.
        3.many mechanics like to add a spring to the lift rod as was already mentioned.
        4.I had very good luck with the peel and stick kickers from vantage.They come in a roll and I would cut them about 2 ft long and put at least 3 on per wheel.
        5.Some mechanics like to take a piece of conduit
        ( I believe it was 3/4 inch or 1 inch I used to use)and cut a piece about a 1 inch or so,remove your spring from the spring rod and put the condiut on ,a flat washer and then your spring.This give the lift rods a little more pressure on the ball wheel.Hope these suggestion help ,Kevin is a good mechanic so his idea will probably work well too.Yoyoing balls are one of the reasons I'm glad I have GSX pinsetters. Goodluck.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X