Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balls spinning in the pit

i've been having alot of balls spinning in the pit and not kicking up in the lifts, just lookin for some new ideas,,thanks laze

Re: balls spinning in the pit

I assume that the balls are spinning on the ball wheel so...check your lower guide rollers,are they in good shape,mainly the l/h lower side,the grooves may have worn down and now the ball wheel tilts to the left so the balls stay away from the liftrods.How's the upper guide rollers and ball wheel alignment?Check those flanges too,flanges can crack/break.Does the ball wheel spin straight and not flop side to side?Are the kickers good?Ever strip the ball wheels?I used to strip them by using brake wash in a spray can weekly and let me tell you guys that it will remove alot more built up crud/residue, then the balls get into the liftrods in a flash.,spray it on a clean rag/towel and wipe the wheel twice and see the dirt on the rag/towel.Worked great!

Comment

Do you have SBE's on your machines. These stop the ball from just sitting there and spin. Is the ball spinning between the ballwheel and the pit? If it is, check the height of the pit. It should be higher than the ball wheel. Usually around 1/4 of an inch. Let us know what you find...
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Just to add on to what Steve put in, if you do have sbe's, then you probably want to check their adjustment. i dont do it by the book but it seems to work great for me. just grab a house ball and put it under the lift rods on the ball wheel, then adjust your sbe to just contact the ball. if its too low, it wont let the ball in and it will spin, if its too high, the ball wont touch it and will spin. also, be sure to check the sleeve bearings in the sbe as any play in them will throw off any adjustment you make. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        if i had two pennies, i could rub them together...

Comment

Also check your ball lift rods, if they are too low the ball will be hitting up against the bottom elbow to hard and it will actually kick the ball out and keep it spinning. If this occurs, and you haven't changed the adjustment, check the big round spacer that the clapper box sits on. Sometimes it gets a hole worn into it from the adjustment bolt. What I did in my center is that I took out those pointy allen bolts and replaced them with roung headed carriage bolts. They take forever to ware out and they don't screw up that spacer.

Comment

Also check the height of your shaker board, make sure its not lower then the ball wheel. Ive had this problem and raising the shaker helps. But also check that the ball passes under the cushion on first time when rake drops. One other solution I had to do was lower the elevator assembly. After this, worked great. Just something else for you to look into.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X