Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Problem

I am having a problem with the machine not starting form the front desk.. It starts sometimes, but others you have to go to the back and click it off and then on...

Any Help??

Re: Electrical Problem

Machines are as-90

Comment

You first want to look at the voltage on the coil of the motor start relay. If you have 24 volts, then change the relay. The coil is weak. If you don't have 24 volts, I would look at the front desk. I believe the AS-90's have an MIU. I'm not as familiar with the 90's as with the 80's. In Source Command, we had a silver box that turned the lanes on and off. It had a habit of burning the connectors on the back of the box. It developed resistance at the connectors which caused heat to build up which in turn caused more resistance and on and on until the connectors would start to melt. The higher resistance would prevent all of the voltage from reaching the motor start relay and from tme to time would not pull in. This could be what you are seeing. The first thing to do is to check the voltage at the coil of the motor start relay and see what you have.

Another item to check if you do have 24 volts at the coil is if any wires are impeding the movement of the coil. Of course, this is for American A-2's. If you have Japanese, I would only believe the coil would be bad if you have 24 volts at the coil.

Good luck...
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Ken,
        I posted on a thread a while back on voltage drop,on the motor start circuit.I will try to find it and post it.You need 24v at the motor start coil when the counter has it turned on,as Steve said.
        What type of pinsetters and what is the incomming voltage (115,208, or 220)

I have seen centers that would have 26v at coil when they turned it on in the back, but it would drop down to 22v when turned on by the L.I.U. at frount desk.

Later
        Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

Thank You.. It is resolved.. Motor Start relay was missing a small spring..

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X