Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball accelerator

It seems like when some plastic balls go threw the accelerator the belt jumps towards the little motor belt to the point that it throws the little belt off. I looked at the tracking and also looked at the tension of the ball accelerator belt but don't know if a tighter or looser belt will help this problem. Please give me some ideas to cure this problem.

Re: Ball accelerator

If they fit into your budget, you can't beat the ZOT upgrade. The kit provides longer accelerator supports which move the belt further from the trough, reducing belt tension and kicked drive belts. They will save you a ton of time lost in fiddling with accelerators.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Jogger Link:
      If they fit into your budget, you can't beat the ZOT upgrade. The kit provides longer accelerator supports which move the belt further from the trough, reducing belt tension and kicked drive belts. They will save you a ton of time lost in fiddling with accelerators.[/QUOTE]
      ray miller

Comment

yes yes yes the zot kits are wonderful, i had this prob with plastic balls throwing off the accelerator belt and once these kits are on that is the end of it. worth money and the time. do the bad ones first then get them all done eventually. it has never occured again once they were on.
        ray miller

Comment

I have found that small adjustments on the front and rear pulleys make all the difference in the world. 1/6 of a turn at a time and watch the belt when the ball goes through. If the belt tracks to the side as it enters the accelerator, adjust the rear pulley. If it seems to track to the side as it moves towards the front, then adjust the front pulley. Again, small adjustments.
          As far as belt tension goes, just tight enough so you can only lift the belt 3 inches in the center of the track. Some would disagree with me on that measurement.
          I've been running accelerators for many years and have had very little trouble with them. The last belt that came off was over 3 months ago and we are putting 70+ units in the heads. I am using a mixture of belts...blue ones, black ones and beige ones. I haven't found any belt that seems to work better than the others, but I have been buying the blue ones lately. Good luck...

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: JBEES ]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I agree with some of the other post here . The ZOT Ball Accelerator kit is the way to go I installed them about 8 years ago and haven't had to adjust anything in 8 years and counting . This kit has saved alot of $ and no troubles in the accelerators.

Comment

Our local K-Mart sells bowling balls which I understand are Brunswick rejects. Its these balls and these balls alone that cause the big belt to track over and knock the little drive belt off. We have the Zot conversion kits already.

Guess Ill just have to put up with it. We can usually tell the K-Mart balls just from looking at them so we try to put those people on 9-24 as they have the older style ball accelerators. (Single tire).

...rob
              Space is the Place!

Comment

You did not here these from me but here was what I did with those great K mart and Sports authority balls.
                The new OFF plastic balls would be so slick and so what ever else was wrong they would throw the accelerator belt off.
                After a few times and noticing what ball did it, I would covertly in the back use a scotch brite pad and get the high factory sheen off the ball.
                Not enough that the customer would ever know but enough for something the long accelerator could grab on.
                Graham

Comment

The zot kits work very well but be sure your pulleys are not worn because a worn pulley will increase the amount of belt movement.If your pulley is worn replace them with "high crown"pulleys.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X