Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHOICE OF POWER LIFT DRIVE WHEELS

I was wondering what brand of PBL drive wheels are preferred for your PBL's . Do you prefer the V wheels , urethane , rubber , Go cart are what ?

Re: CHOICE OF POWER LIFT DRIVE WHEELS

All of our lifts have urethane at the bottom and
    "go-cart" tires at the top.....with vantage RED "c" tracks.

This has worked well for us....

Peanut
    Peanut

Comment

I'll second peanut's thoughts on wheels, the orange brunswick urethanes on the bottom, the rubber go-carts on top. Balls stuck in lift (even reactives) are unheard of here:

Kevin

Comment

i use all go cart tires and the brown urethane tracks from quality(we also use the urethane lift rod covers). i've also done away with the clutch on the lower housing since we have gravity feed the ball is so slow coming into the lift it was just one less thing to worry about.

alex
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I have been using the go cart wheels on top and the split orange wheels on the bottom. This is the fourth season for them. (All tracks and wheels were replaced at the same time). I just finished replacing many of the bottom brown "C" track liners. They were split and torn where the ball enters the lift. I was wondering if this is normal wear? The past three seasons I have had hardly any problems with the lifts. However all of the top wheels are split and I have started replacing them with the new gray wheels from Brunswick. Has anyone had an good or bad experiences with them?

Comment

I started using the new Brunswick "foam" style wheel last year around June. I quickly found that you CAN NOT use one on the bottom and one on the top. If you do, balls will jam between the wheels I am using them on the top with a go-kart tire on the bottom and I also have some switched around with the new one on the bottom and the go-kart up top and have had no problems with them since putting them in. They seem to wear very well, but only time will tell.

I have seen the newer Quality style that looks like the old one they sold, but they have beefed up the anount of rubber at the outside edges. It looks like after the ribs wear away, they would still be sturdy enough to pick up the resin balls. Alot of people know that the older style Quality wheels would start slipping while trying to pick up these balls once the ridges wore off of the material. These new ones look like they might work well. I'm going to purchase a couple and see how well they work.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

JBEE

I've been retired but am interested in the foam wheel you mentioned. Could you describe it for
              me.
              We used tires for most units. Had a few V
              here & there, & a couple U shape. We did get
              ambushed when resin came out. We had to take off
              some red quality rails. A real advantage was
              certain balls were problems and the bowlers were
              nice enough to leave their ball so we could test
              all units.
              That foam wheel you mentioned really has me puzzled. I might even call around to some old
              friends just to see it.

thanks

molligan
              molligan

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by jacks:
                I have been using the go cart wheels on top and the split orange wheels on the bottom. This is the fourth season for them. (All tracks and wheels were replaced at the same time). I just finished replacing many of the bottom brown "C" track liners. They were split and torn where the ball enters the lift. I was wondering if this is normal wear? The past three seasons I have had hardly any problems with the lifts. However all of the top wheels are split and I have started replacing them with the new gray wheels from Brunswick. Has anyone had an good or bad experiences with them?[/QUOTE]

jacks, the only thing to check to prevent wear beyond the norm with the go cart tires is to make sure the air vent on the tire is open. If not throw a 3/8 bit in the drill and reem it out.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Good post, Mr. Fox.
                  Often overlooked, and not well known.
                  Roscoe.
                  rfm

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Roscoe:
                    Good post, Mr. Fox.
                    Often overlooked, and not well known.
                    Roscoe.
                    [/QUOTE]

See....not every post is useless!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Roscoe!

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

PS. Kevin....Im getting closer!
                    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Molligan

I think I misinformed you on the manufacturer of the tire...Quality. Sorry, I read about it on a flyer from Brunswick and for some reason it stuck with me as a Brunswick product. Reactive Urethane Foam Ball Lift Tire. Part number 90-5260. Price - $61.95

This is a tire assy. that is only about 3 inches wide and very "spongy" feeling. Very tacky in my opinion. Worth a try if anybody isn't happy with their present power lift tire.

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: JBEES ]
                      TSM & TSM Training Development
                      Main Event Entertainment
                      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

JBEES

Thanks

Sounds like it's one of those things you buy one
                        just to try it.

regards

molligan
                        molligan

Comment

I have the Go cart tire in the top of all of my PBL's , and mostly the orange V tire in the bottom , but the reliability and the life of the orange V tire seems to have diminshed . I also have several lifts with the reactive urethane tire installed in the bottom to replace the orange V tires . So far no troubles ( installed four months ago ).

Comment

If the v tire on the bottom and go cart on the top works that is a very good way to go but if you have problem power lifts go carts in both positions seem to always work.Our new center came equiped with go carts on top and bottom .

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X