Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twister pins in Brunswick machines

Anybody running Twister pins the Brunswick machines? Wanting to get the pros and cons of the pins. I have run a sample set for a month and had no real major problems with them. Just wanting to tap into the knowledge pool.

billman
    let me be myself

Re: Twister pins in Brunswick machines

I rebuilt a little 4 lane A-2 center over the summer that had just purchased a set of Twisters and so far they have had no problems...Besides sticking in the pockets of those junk modular pin wheels... I took a grinder to the pockets and coated them with deck chute conditioner and the sticking disappeared,,,
    41 years and still learning....
    lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

billman,

The house I'm at just bought a set of Twisters and has run them for two weeks. No hang-up in buckets and no adjustments of snubber, turret wires, or halo ring. Have not had any pin related stops so far (knock on wood). They look like a good pin for Brunswick pinsetters. We have A's so deck doesn't shift hard.

Comment

We have the Twisters in a center I work at a few times a week, and the problem I see with them. Is they are very HARD to clean, also the necks like to break in half after a while also. They do run fine if you keep your deck chutes clean, if you dont they could cause a problem. My own preferance would be go with the AMF's, but everyone is different. They have had the pins in for almost 2 years, the chutes were not getting cleaned and sticking all over, after we cleaned and armor alled them they were fine.

Good luck
        Eddie.

P.S. The thing I do like is you dont run a lot of Out Of Ranges.

Comment

Biggest problem I've had is the bottoms peel away and pins fall over.

We have to melt the bottoms to temporarily fix them problem.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X