Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.H. Blocking finger ADJ.

Is there another way to adjust the LH blocking finger? I have done everything, even put a new style bracket on the deck shaft to get proper adjustment. Still there is to much play in it when the machine is up waiting for pins.
    Thanks, this site is a big help.
    Eddie.

Re: L.H. Blocking finger ADJ.

Hey Eddie
    Check the top part of your link where it mounts to the blocking finger.
    It should be mounted with an allen head shoulder bolt to allow the link to pivot with the bolt tight.
    If someone has put a regular bolt with a locknut it will be pivoting on the free play of the bolt.
    Also check the hole through the top link.
    It will get oblonged over the years and allow free play in the blocking finger.
    I used to take a bushing and drill out the wobbled hole and install the bushing.
    Graham

Comment

I agree with Graham on checking your bolt....after making sure it is okay,loosen your bracket and push up on it(pushing it up as far as you holes will allow) then tighten your bottom bolt while pushing up,then your top one.

Later
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

Eddie;
        If after doing the aforementioned, you still can not get finger up high enough, take note of which side the x washer is installed on the deck shaft bracket, then reverse the brackets position. With the deck down at 270- loosen both bolts in the slotted link, extend link all the way out and retighten bolts (finger tight),remove spring from blocking finger and run machine thru one cycle back down to 270-retighten bolts, install spring.
        Run mach to approx. 90, (on deck holding hook ) and check to see if blocking finger just clears probe, thats where you want the adjustment to wind up.
        Hope of some help.
        Roscoe
        rfm

Comment

Roscoe...the last part of your adjustment ass/u/me/s that the deck holding hook is adjusted properly. Anyone doing the adjustment this way...double check the deck holding hook adjustment.
          On machines that won't lift the left hand blocking finger high enough, I remove the bottom bolt holding the bracket to the deck lift shaft and install a washer under the bracket to shim the bottom of the bracket away from the deck lift shaft. I then perform the same adjustment as Roscoe mentioned above and see if the blocking finger is going up high enough then. If not...add another washer. Of course, this is only done after I've eliminated all of the possible problems, like the ones mentioned above. Good luck...
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

A few more thoughts:

A bent interlock probe can cause problems with this adjustment, sometimes a pin jam can get the probe up too far, where the full/forward finger can clear (it will always be at highest point if deck is empty and forward, sprung that way), but the restricted drop won't. Does the restricted drop finger come up to approximately the same height as the right one??

What I do when setting restricted drop height is to bring machine up to 0, put 2 pins down the 5 chute so probe is rearward, then put a small/medium size flathead screwdriver blade between the probe and finger, then loosen bolts to bring bottom end of linkage in contact with deck lift shaft, then tighten and check operation.

Does the 5 chute have an arm repair kit on it??? If so, it might be cocked enough where the probe's not level, and might cause trouble.

After years of sanding, and the resulting lengthening of the lowering link to get proper deck height when pinspotting, maybe the machine just can't go high enough anymore (nice idea on the washer, steve, I'll file that one away [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] )

Lastly, is the turret itself level side to side? That might be enough to cause grief too:

Let us know what you find:

Kevin

Comment

Jebees:
              It has always been my contention, that one should never assume any thing in reguards the deck re. the (death) holding hook. Simply the most important adj. on the machine as reguarding safty. But why start there, start with the deck lift shaft adj, which places machine correctly over the playing surface, then proceed to the deck heights, rake adjustments, including the rake out of range adj. and detector adjs.
              I always like to go with the KISS method.
              Roscoe.

Comment

Roscoe...I agree 100%. It would be a good idea to start from scratch on this problem by checking deck lift shaft adj and going from there.
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X