Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake Wrapped Around Deck

We are having a little problem.. The Rake is wrapped around the deck.. How do we go about fixing this.. Pictures would be excellent..
    Kinda New At This Stuff..
    Thank You
    Ken.

Re: Rake Wrapped Around Deck

Errrr ... that's more than a little problem ... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhow, first thing to do is get the pressure off the rake, manually reverse the machine (turn belts toward 7 pin side of machine) until rake comes all the way forward.

Now, on to the real problem. Odds are your hook selector bearing has broken. Hook selector bearing can be found by looking at the deck holding hook (keeps the deck up on second ball by grabbing the deck post on the 7 pin side). Hook has TWO connections, one on the 7 pin side, outside of the detector, and one that goes inside the detector (closer to the 10 pin side of machine) The connection closer to the 10 pin side also has a link on the top that goes up towards the rake shaft, which tells rake when to sweep. On the one that has two connections, you'll see a small roller bearing (or more likely, what's LEFT of one) Probably that little puppy needs to be replaced. Make sure when you look at it that the bearing's intact and rolling freely, if not, changing it goes as follows:

BE SURE you have a spare bearing, or a complete hook selector ready to go in before proceeding!!!!. If not, you'll have to adjust the sweep and hook linkages to run on the inner race until you have the parts to do the job right

1) Be sure that the weight of the deck is NOT on the hook.

2) Remove the roll pin from the Flag selector (on the extreme 7 pin side of the shaft that the hook selector mounts on.

3)remove the roll pin from the standing pins lever (on same shaft, closest to 10 pin side, goes down and rearward)

4) Disconnect the rake sweep linkage and the hook linkage from the hook selector

5) Carefully tap shaft that hook selector pivots on towards 10 pin side of machine until hook selector can be removed. Go NO further than necessary, or you'll have a mess on your hands.

6) replace bearing (or entire hook selector, if you have one), and reinstall by reversing procedure

Any questions, the center phone # is in my profile, I'll be available from 2:30 till 5 today:

Kevin

Comment

Kevin.

We cannot wind the deck either way. It will not budge.

Comment

Ken:

Spoke to the guy who's there now. After I finished with Him, thought occurred to me it's possible that the crash took out the 4/1 bronze gear. If after releasing the rake sweep hook, machine still will not move, put 1+1/8 wrench on the worm nut and turn towards the 7 pin side of the machine. If it clunks or snaps, you may have bigger problems in the 4/1 itself, although the hook selector bearing probably caused the problem initially:

Let me know:

Kevin

Comment

Good point Kevin.
          I have noticed that if the 4-1 has gone bad it will make a distinct noise with the rake crank rod hesitating.
          If you have a few extra bodies or one strong one you can lift up on the deck while turning gearbox clutch by hand to get it by the bad teeth.
          If the rake is jammed behind the pindeck this might also cause such a bind as to not lift the deck.
          Graham

Comment

Thak you.. wound the deck back. The Rake Sweep Hook had come loose, and out of adjustment.. Readjusted and machine works fine now..

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X