Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Help WIth The Deck Lowering Mechanism

The problem is that the Deck Lowering Hook Cam Bolts have snapped off of the 2:1 crank assy, So now we need to take it all apart.. The deck is about an inch off of the lane. I need some detailed instructions, and pictures if possible.

Also the bearing on the Deck Lowering Hook Cam Follower is bent.. Slotted Connection is also broken

Thank You Very Much For Any Help..

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Ken Moonen ]

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Ken Moonen ]

Re: Need Some Help WIth The Deck Lowering Mechanism

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Ken Moonen ]

Comment

Re: Need Some Help WIth The Deck Lowering Mechanism

Ken,
      There are no bolts in the eccentric ring...the eccentric ring is the gold ring surrounding the 2:1...so I am assuming you mean the 2:1 crank assy. The easiest way to remove your broken bolts is to take the outer plate off of the 2:1 crank assy. and use a drill to remove them. The broken bolts can be accesed from there. I use a 5/32" drill bit when doing this. This can be done by raising the machine to 0 degrees and perform this there. If you have a scotch Yoke setup...you will need to remove it by either removing the lift pin from the deck lift shaft or by placing the deck on the deck holding hook. I recommend the first option. Raise the deck up a few inches and slide a couple of 2X4's under the deck to support it. You should have no problems removing the bolts after this has been done. If the threads are destroyed in the 2:1 crank assy, don't panic...install a heli-coil and you'll be back in buisness.

The deck lowing hook cam has no bearing so I ass/u/me you mean the cam follower. If the cam follower is bent, replace it. To prevent this problem in the future, I drill a hole in the cam follower and install a roll pin that will contact the 2:1 cover plate and prevent it from dropping into the path of the cam in case something goes wrong and preventing the cam bolts from being broke as in your situation.

I hope this helps you out...any questions...just ask.
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X