Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine Reset Button

The Machine reset button fails to reset the machine.. If you push it it turns off the pinsetter (Lockout) ... Front and back button do not work.. any ideas??..

Re: Machine Reset Button

This wouldn't happen to be a machine that has a bad Time Delay Module, would it?

When you say lockout, do you mean the added relay for deck jam and turret jam protection?
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Replaced the time delay, but the problem still exists.. What should I look for.

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Ken Moonen ]

Comment

BUMP

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Ken Moonen ]

Comment

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: Ken Moonen ]

Comment

For Brunswick Electronic Triggering, Here is my method of troubleshooting.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Unplug machine

Disconnect ball detector input wires. (labeled "sensor")

Check to ensure good contact of wires on terminals "LO" and "Down".

Perform the following steps with EXTREME caution.

Unplug motor.

Reconnect power to machine.

With machine on ....

Take a small piece of wire and jumper terminals 16&17 of the time delay board momentarily. If the solonoid energizes normally, disconnect power and check the wiring back from there to the terminal strip, tracing it all the way to each cycle switch. If it locks out, disconnect those wires (16&17), isolate them so they can't short out on anything and try again. If it still locks out, check the the rake up/down microwsitches are adjusted properly (1/16" gap between lever and switch). The one in the electrical box should be with the rake up, and the other one should be with the rake down. If, after all that, it still locks out, you have another bad time delay board.

Terminals 16&17 are the input for the cycle switches on the ball rack, and on the rear of the machine. 16&18 are the rake microswitch. DO NOT TOUCH 19 OR 20 AS THEY ARE HIGH VOLTAGE !!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

FYI
            The terminal layout if the time delay board is as follows:

13 - 24 VAC
            14 - Common
            15 - 1st/2nd ball signal
            16 - cycle switch output
            17 - cycle switch input (no delay)
            18 - cycle switch input (delayed)
            19 - 120-240 VAC input - cycle solonoid
            20 - 120-240 VAC output - cycle solonoid

On those boards that are known bad, what exactly is the problem? I have just repaired 5 of them myself and might be able to help. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Any questions, feel free to email me..
            brunsace@bellsouth.net

Happy Hunting...

Adam D.

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: BrunsAce ]
            <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

On the bad boards. when the ball passes the infa red the machibe does not cycle..

Comment

Does the light on the ball detect come on when the beam is broken? Does the machine cycle when the rake drops?

If the machine won't cycle at all, but the lights on the board indicate that it should have, the relay is probably bad on the board (small black box). You can fix this by swapping the 2 relays on the board with each other.

If the ball detector dos not seem too be getting power, check (if you have a digital meter) the 2 diodes just above the connector for the ball detect on the board. They should show a resistance of about 1.5 Megaohms one way and nothing the other. Remove them from the board before testing. They are 1n4005 rectifiers, and should be available at radio shack for about $.75 if you should have to replace them.

There are a couple of other parts on the board which may be bad. Let me know if anything stated here helps.

If it still fails, there may be a bad chip on the board, in which you will have to ship it off the Brunswick Electronic Repair Center. Be warned, though, they charge alot...
                <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I just got to thinking about the original problem, and I'll bet you will find that wires 17 &amp; 18 of the time delay board have been reversed. If they are, the board WILL go into a lockout every time a cycle button is pushed because it is not recieving a rake down signal and it thinks there is something blocking the rake.

I just tested this theory on one of my machines and it did lockout when the reset button was pushed, however the cycle solonoid fired repeatedly throughout the cycle. Does yours do that? If so, this is the problem. If not, there some wiring issues in your elec box.

Let me know what you find.

Comment

was the microswith on the right hand side of the electrical box..

Comment

Yes..There is one switch inside the box on the top right, and one outside the box usually to the right of the box. Check the gap on the one inside the box with the rake up, and the one on the outside with the rake down.

Comment

Check those microswitches with an ohm meter. Ive replaced aroudn three in two years. The prongs that the wires clip onto get loose and the conectivity is comprimised. I have an audible ohm meter and I hook it up and click the switch manually and listen. I also wiggle the prongs to make sure there is a solid connection that stays.

...rob
                        Space is the Place!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X