Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why did otis paint there setters GREEN

can someone tell me why otis painted there machines green did alittle work on some MEAN GREEN PINSETTIN MACHINES this week. all i have to say otis made a dam good setter but all the conversons were needed like the turret frame and the removle of the 2nd spring guide thanks jb

Re: why did otis paint there setters GREEN

I belive that they painted the pinsetters green because of a surplus of paint left over from the army. Looks like a wonderful color of the jeep that was built in Toledo for the armed forces. If I am right the first machines were built in downtown Toledo at Otis elevator company.

Comment

I think the machine was green to protect the mechanic.
      Those newer silver gearboxes and gray frames show dirt way to fast.
      That green paint can hide oil leaks and dirt better than any aluminum.
      He He HE HE
      Graham

Comment

The color was called "bowling green". Maybe it was surplus paint left over after Brunswick balked at painting their collenders.

Roger

Comment

I was told many years ago that it was left over paint from WWII. Otis got a deal on it. I'm not sure the info was accurate though...so, I could be wrong.(wouldn't be the first time)

I prefer the grey color though. It makes the machine look clean when it is clean. I've never been able to get a greenie to look clean, even after steam cleaning it...

So...Peanut...just what color are those machines of yours?
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve,
            Shadow Gray....We use the spray cans from Krylon for the small stuff,and we had body shop supply mix up automotive paint for the frames,electrical boxes,elevator, and accelerators/lifts.

Peanut

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: masternut ]
            Peanut

Comment

Sure is tough to get all of the old green paint covered up on these old machines.
              If you could have seen these machines when i came here you could see night and day.
              Still painting with "CRYLON" Love that grey.
              Thanks
              Jim

Comment

AR RAR:
                Very clever, good chuckle.
                Roscoe.
                rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X