Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd Problem

The deck will not go all the way down.. We just had to reassemble the 2:1.. eccentric ring and everything.. anyways the deck goes down half way.. Doesnt grab the rake. and then the deck goes back up .. But leaves the rake down

Deck will not come of of the eccentric ring hook either..

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Ken Moonen ]

Re: Wierd Problem

Glad to hear you at least got her back together [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

There's a square link that looks like a piece of 1/4" bar stock that runs from the eccentric cam follower into the detector. The end closest to the cam follower attatches with a split clamp secured with an allen bolt. If you look through the front of the detector, there's a small silver link that has a tab which rides on the strike cam follower. That link in turn blocks the lever which holds the other end of the square link to hold the lowering hook up when the deck is to make the long stroke to set pins.

To get the machine to perform the long stroke, you need to adjust the collar. It's adjustment #16, deck lowering hook latch adjustment, Page 3-20 of the service manual.

If you don't have a manual, here it is:

With machine detecting strike, put the hook cam follower on the high dwell of the hook cam. Loosen the collar and rotate toward the back of the machine until the silver latch drops behind the lever it blocks, and set the gap at 1/16", then tighten the collar. Deck should now make long stroke when required

Kevin

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: KL Kevin ]

Comment

KL:
      Must be a shotgun equipped mch, with a bad shock adj., to be leaving the rake down. Not seeing the tie together,of the rake inaction unless the out of range lever is on roll pin and not being released because rake not coming up. Certain to be interesting.
      Your friend:
      Roscoe
      rfm

Comment

Thank you for all your help.......

It was the deck lowering hook latch adjustment.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X