Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP cross conveyor belts

has anyone had success lately in obtaining the high performance c.c. belts that have helped us so much..
    the grey top dudes?????
    My supplier says they are becoming hard to find

thanks. jeff

Re: HP cross conveyor belts

Hey Chuck H......
    I know you will read this, let's discuss on Monday.

Bill

p.s. Any fires lately?? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hard to come by!It was to my understanding that the BIG B discontinued the soft top coat (HP C.C belt). Why I'm not sure, but I do know that the HP belts worked and should have remained available.

Comment

The last distributor to have them that I know of was Classic. They are sold out of them and have a few guys in a "backorder" status. Myself included. Brunswick had a good thing going with that belt...but what do we know...we are just mechanics. Brunswick...are you listening? The demand is here.

The fact that you were selling the belt seemed to be a well kept secret for a while...I found out about them too late. I was buying them as quick as my budget would allow...now they are gone. Too bad...

I would love to hear a response from Brunswick on why they discontinued the belt...nobody there seems to know why. Anybody have any ideas? I had heard they turned pins yellow...I have 44 lanes of these grey topped belts and have 0 ... ZERO ... pins that have turned yellow due to the belts.
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Latest News on the belts...

I just got off the phone with my distributor (Bowling Suppy, Nashville). I placed a parts order and mentioned the trouble I've been having with the new black CC belts (Quality&Brunswick). He told me that I was not the first one to complain, and he was about to call B too see what's up. He called me back and told me that Brunswick is most likely going to start making the belts again, and they should be available in about a month. They had been discontinued because "in certain environments" the belts caused the pins to turn yellow.

So, look for these belts to be back in about a month.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I'de be interested in hearing from mechs that had pins that turned yellow from the belts. What kind of lane conditioner in those houses...what kind of pins. I don't know of anybody with the problem, though this isn't the first time I have heard of the problem. Any of you guys/gals here had/have the problem?

Too bad that rep from Brunswick isn't here...where did he go??? Maybe he would have some answers for us.
            Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Fellas:

About 2 years ago I ordered standard C/C belts from Murrey. I received grey top belts from them and was angry about it. They are the first and only grey belts I've seen. I put 'em on the nail and held 'em for last. All this time later they are holding up and pulling fine. The tops of the belts have yellowed a bit but the pins show no evidence of damage when compared to 38 lanes of black belts. These belts have a much softer surface feel than the standard variety. I've never ordered more.

The black Brunswick belts I've been getting lately have narrower "cogs" than the older, more common ones. Are these not the HP belts? They sure as sugar seem to pull better than the wider cogged versions and feel tackier / softer on the surface to boot. I certainly believe that I'm getting Higher Performance from these than any I've had in the past. I thought I was getting the latest and greatest from Brunswick here.

You tellin' me there's something better they're keeping from me?

Comment

Murrey had them made for them a few years ago...but they discontinued them due to the manufacturer couldn't get the raw materials to make them. Brunswick and Quality started to sell them after that. I didn't find out about them until just before they discontinued them. I bought as many of them as I could find within reason...you know...budgets and things. Then I received a pair of the new black ones from Brunswick. They have narrower cogs and a lower profile. There is no comparison between the two styles...The black ones still like to slip a little. The only problem I've seen with the grey ones is the pin will slip down the cross conveyor if the machine is shut off with the pin part way up. This can cause a pin gate to lock if the pin has just made it over the pin gate and depressed it and slips back to the other side of the pin gate. But when they are running, the pins are fighting to get over the top...go figure...
                Main Event Entertainment

Comment

Gents,
                  We, (B) are currently in discussion about bringing back the HP "Grey" belt.

More to follow!

Bill

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: CRC Mngr ]

Comment

We had about 6 lanes of those grey belts and they turned every pin on those lanes yellow. It was a big difference between those lanes and the ones next to it. At the time we used either dba clear oil or defense oil. I mean the belts work great if you like discolored pins. Just my two cents worth. Now I work on gsx machines and do not have this problem anymore........

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X