Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Problem

I need some help guys. I have a machine where the 4:1 Brass gear had about 7 teeth chewed off.....anyhow Changed it, now I can't get the timing proper.....Deck will not shift forward to "receive" pins from turret.....It was my first attempt at changing the 4:1 PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Re: Timing Problem

did you line up the timing gear when you insatlled the 4 to 1? that would be the first thing i would check. use the plug on the 2 to 1 cover. using an inspection mirror look to see if the "white" timing marks are in line together. i think you can see the marks at either 0 or 90 degrees. this is all assuming that your g-box cluth is in adjustment.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

It is difficult to see the timing marks on the 2:1 . you will need a very small mirror and flash light to see it ( hard to do while holding a 4:1).
      What I do is make sure the 1:1 is lined up first using the flash light mirror routine. Then while holding the 4:1 rotate the rake crank arm around to zero.( pin on rake crank even with 4:1 shaft. This should line up your timing marks on the 2:1 without looking. It is however to check those marks before reassembly. john b Quote:] [/QUOTE][QUOTE] just fix it
      John B
      ------------
      just fix it

Comment

add "good" to follow however in previous post.john b[QUOTE] just fix it
        John B
        ------------
        just fix it

Comment

Ahhh, the first one's always the most memorable.

Quick checks on timing ...

With no pins on deck, machine on first ball:
          At 90 degrees:
          Rake crank should be in same position as 0 degrees (varies depending on A or A-2 style 4/1)
          Deck should be at its lowest point (2/1)
          Slash mark on moving deck/scissor cam should run through the center of scissor cam follower (1/1).
          Strike cam follower should be precisely in the low dwell of the timing cam(detector)

Basically, I'd put the machine with the deck and MD/scissor cams in the 90 degree position, then see if your 4/1 looks right. There are more detailed instructions on 4/1 r+r procedure in the reference section, if you need them:

One other note if all the above looks right ... put the 4/1 in the 0 position, then look at the pear cam to see if it's on right. If installed out of time, will make for all sorts of weird behavior [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Kevin

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: KL Kevin ]

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.....I was off one tooth.....close but now I know.....much easier when you know what your doing......Hope my mechanic Gets Back Soon!!!!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X