Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck lowering hook

We have 2 machines that the deck lowering hook is worn to the point that it misses on the pick-up. The third one started yesterday and misses both going down and picking up. We took the hook off an refiled it back into a good hook and it seems to be working fine. Has anyone had any luck with this fix as a long term solution? I do think that we will order new hooks as they are not that expensive. Thanks for reading my post.
    Howard

Re: deck lowering hook

REPLACE THE HOOK!!! That is a VERY important part of the machine. If someone got under the deck while the hook was holding it (which you should never do anyway) and the hook slipped, you'd probably have one less employee.

Filing them like that will get you by until you have some spares, but replace them ASAP.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Sorry...I misread your post...I thought you meant the holding hook....

I'd replace the lowering hook if it was worn to the point where it is missing the pin. That cam put alot of extra stress on the moving deck and deck pads from slamming down on the pins..
      <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Our new deck lowering hooks arrived yesterday. Many thanks for the replys and emails in reference to this.
        Howard

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...
        Working...
        X