Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Pads

Okay,after 3 weeks in this center i have things calmed down ALOT just by lubing,tightening etc.,owner really likes how things are BUT,some lanes have worn out foam deck pads,some with hotshots(which i do not like).Now i can stay with the original foam pads OR try the blue pads from headway.,which is better.Many foam pads are worn out totally,hotshots are too hard and i want CUSHIONING for the decks.Jap A-2's.Jap speeds(too fast).Leaning twords the blue max pads mainly they are cheaper and i have had them before with no troubles.Your opinions?One deck has a crack in it and it has the HARD pads on it(but not for long)!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Deck Pads

I don't like the Hotshots either. We use the foam pads on are jap's. I never heard of the blue one's. Can you tell me more about them, Are they like the hotshots or like the foam pads.

Comment

The blue ones are called "Blue Max" and are a foam deck pad with an outer covering of soft vinyl.Pretty sure Headway makes them.

Comment

The Blue Max are alot softer and don't have much body to them. I would stay with the foam. They will last the longest and give the best cushioning.
        john b
        John B
        ------------
        just fix it

Comment

Go for the foam !! More head the better ! wait ! wrong topic.
          Marty

Comment

We have 84 lanes of the Headway Blue Max deck pads,and 32 lanes of the Brunswick new style form pads....I would have to vote for the form pad. The blue max has been a great pad for us, BUT we did have a "break-in" time with them. If you install a complete set at one time the deck pads hit the stationary deck and cause the deck not to want to shift completely back at 300 degrees. After the pad get worn a little( 3 months) we have no more problem. The forms pads were put on and are trouble free....both seem to have the same duability.

Later,
            Peanut
            Peanut

Comment

I agree stay with the Brunswick foam style deck pad I have been using them for years and at A2 speed mind you, with years of trouble free service life. I am in the process of slowing the machines down to Jetback speed.

Comment

When I started working in this place 19yrs ago, the hotshot pads had just been installed. I am not saying they are the best but that is a pretty good record as I have had no problem with them at all. PJ
                I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

I have to agree with PJ...I've been using Hot Shots for over 15 years and have had no problems with them yet..Nighthawk...if you want to protect your decks from cracks...slow them down first. No deck pad made is going to cushion a 350+ pound deck when it comes down on top of a pin with the machine running at A-2 speed. That much weight on an area less than 4 square inches...no foam or rubber is going to help that deck at those speeds...if you have cracked decks...I wouldn't be so quick to blame a pad for it...usually cracked decks come from other problems...like a machine falling off a deck holding hook with a pin still standing. That will crack a deck real quick. There are other things that can cause the same crack...but you get the idea. It isn't always the pad or lack of the pad that causes the crack. I've seen machines with NO pads and not have a problem with cracking decks. They sure couldn't figure out why the pins were scalped though...LOL They ended up installing Hot Shots and never had any more problems. That was 7 years ago. The machines are doing just fine and the pins sure look alot better.
                  TSM & TSM Training Development
                  Main Event Entertainment
                  480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

There is nothing really wrong with hot shots,they will last a long time and will not crack your decks but I still think I would buy the brunswick foam ones.I like how solidly they help to hold the pins during respotting.

Comment

I know this is an old post but just curious. If you have to replace ONE deck pad no matter make, model, any of that stuff......do you replace all 10? And if you replace all 10, where do the "supposedly" good one go?....trash, inspection....Just curious.

Ta Ta for now,

Joey

Comment

Houseball,
                        First off, if you change one deck pad you should not have to change all 10, that however is contingent on the wear of the other 9 pads. If you are using foam pads and the other 9 are worn out in the center, and you install one new foam pad there is a slight chance that the detector rod adjustment may have to be tweeked. I personally would not mix foam pads and Hotshot pads on the same deck, unless it is an emergency, then I would go back and make it all one or the other. as for the other question of what to do with the old pads, if you are changing all 10 to Hotshot and the foam pads you took off are still usable, (less than 50% worn in the center) I would keep them for spares to use on machines that still have them. Of course, I have always been a pack-rat anyways, if something is still good for something I never throw it away, even if it can no longer be used for the purpose that it was manufactured for (I have saved a lot of money by fabricating jigs, tools and parts from stuff that some guys would throw away).
                        Respectfully,
                        A2-Ace

Comment

My experience with the Blue pads is that as they aged, the outer cover got brittle and began to crack. the crack would continue until there was a nice circle cut in the pad. Then occasionally, you would have a pad acting like a suction cup and knocking over the standing pin when the scissor released it. I too, prefer the foam pads.
                          41 years and still learning....
                          lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

If your deck has hot shots...you can easily replace just one pad...but I doubt you would have to replace any at all...they just don't wear out.
                            TSM & TSM Training Development
                            Main Event Entertainment
                            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

but I doubt you would have to replace any at all...they just don't wear out.

--------------------
                              Just my two cents worth...
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yea....instead of replacing the pads you will need to replace the deck. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X