Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil or Gear Oil w/scotch yolks

Having the factory units with scotch yolks and no dashpots i use regular oil correct??I have one worm leaking oil(not major,just a pain)and i remember i read somewhere that machines w/o dashpots get oil not gear lube.
    Wormshafts...all the same or different makes for different machines?
    Jap A-2's.
    Changing a worm is no big deal,in and out in no time with those!
    Silly question but the converted A-2's i worked on used gear oil not 10w30 oil.Just want to be sure before adding anything!Thanks!

Re: Oil or Gear Oil w/scotch yolks

If you do not have the plunger style dashpot you should be using 90 weight gear oil. Your factory A-2's should be using this.

If you have the plunger style dashpot you should be using 30 weight oil. The original A machine has this setup. If you have converted A-2's and have bypassed the needle valve used to adjust the plunger dashpot, you may change to the 90 weight gear oil. This type of oil is preffered because it will give better protection to the gears in the gear box...especially the worm wheel.

So to answer your question Nighthawk...90 weight gear oil for your factory A-2's.

This info is available on page 5-2 of your service manual for anybody who wants to read up on lubrication in the pinsetter.
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
    Working...
    X