Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auto shutoff and 90 stops

hello all,
    i was wondering is there a way to prevent 90 stops when the machine shuts off after time bowling. its not a real big deal, but it can get annoying sumtimes.we have time bowling and if the machine shuts off before the rake drops, once the machine is turned back on its in a 90. is there sumthin for this?(jap a2 pinsetters). will auto triggering solve this problem?
    thanks,
    the man
    "if all else fails, theres always duct tape"

Re: auto shutoff and 90 stops

I would assume that you have a machine that ends up off and the rake is down because a bowler threw a ball after it was off. This is commonly called a 90 stop, though, the machine is still at 0 degrees. However, what you are seeing is the time delay module has fired when the rake fell, but due to the machine being off, your cycle solenoid received no voltage due to the motor contactor being off. Your solution is one of two remedies. You can power the cycle solenoid with the machine off by moving wire 58 from the thermal overload to TS-1-H. The other option is to remove the power to the time delay module while the machine is off by moving wire 54 from RL-2-3 to RL-2-4. These are connections on the motor start relay. This will remove the power from the time delay when the machine is off and reapply power when it is turned on. This will cause the time delay module to fire if the rake is down when the machine is turned back on. Hope this helps...and to those who are interested in this fix...this is only for Japanese pinsetters. The numbers here don't apply to American A-2's exactly. The wire numbers are correct, but they go to different places in the electrical box. Let me know if anybody is interested in American changes.

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: JBEES ]
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Steve is right on here...we have all our pinsetters wired,so that power is removed when pinsetter is off.
      If you get confused about the wires just remember you are wanting the wire on T.D. terminal 14 to go to TS2 # 1.
      Peanut

Comment

Open play is our money maker, but also our headache maker. Whether its on a time limit or by the game, open play bowlers must insist on throwing one or two more balls after the pinsetter is off. We also have electronic auto trigging installed on our machines. If the rake is down and the machine is turned on again, the bowler can wait 25 seconds and then they can hit the reset button, and the pinsetter will cycle. But of course the desk still insists on call failed trigger calls to the back after we told them how it works. Auto triggering does has its annoyances though. Due to the vibration from bowling balls and machines, the screws to adjust the sensors tend to come out of adjustments, thus giving you lockouts, and failed triggers. A simple solution is to use whiteout on the adjusting screws that way they last awhile longer. On in all they are ok. Very simple to install. We took our time installing them on 48 lanes, and took maybe 1 1/2 days.
        Hard work and determination is the answer to all problems.

Comment

Ok then, What are the American Modifications to solve this problem. Thanks a bunch.

Joey

Comment

Joey...masternut mentioned it...move wire 54 from RL2-H (coil of the motor start relay) to TS2-1. This will solve the problem on the American made machines by making the time delay module hot only when the machine is turned on. The other option is to make the cycle solenoid hot all the time. Move wire 58 from RL3-3 to RL3-1 or by putting it on TS1-H. Either point will work. This is the way I solved my problem, but most guys opt for killing the time delay module until the machine is on. It's your choice...I did mine by making the solenoid hot to prevent counter people from learning they could turn a machine off for a few seconds and turn it back on to clear a failed to trigger (0 degree stop). I have been in houses where that was common and the mechanic didn't even know he had a problem. Some desk people would turn a machine on and off 4 or 5 times before they would even consider telling the mechanic in the back about the problem. All this does is hide problems from the one person who needs to see it. Some mechanics might not think so, but if it is causing you a problem...it needs to be fixed to keep your customers happy. But, then again...
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X