Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dow racks

I posted a topic about shadow racks about a month ago, the machine would come to 270 even though there were no pins in the deck. Well we finally found out what it was, the strike cam follower is not riding on the cam in the Detector until the deck gets down to 270. Then you can see it or feel it go down on to the cam. If you run the machine all the way back right until it gets to 180, you can feel it stickng and manually get it to ride on to the cam. Then when it gets to 180 it will stop. Any suggestions on how to fix this with out taking the Detector out.
    Thanks to all you GREAT mechanics that help us all out.
    Eddie.

Re: dow racks

Eddie, it sounds like one of two things either you have a burr on the lever that holds out the strike cam follower and needs to be filed off or the spring is sticky or broken on the lower part of the assy. Try lubing the spring and all the pivot points in that area. I'm not real sure we are talking about the same part. The other reason you could get shadow racks is if the detector is not detecting strike.

Hope this helps.
    john b[/LIST]just fix it
    John B
    ------------
    just fix it

Comment

The easy one is to change the small roll pin D shaft where the flag is x pinned on the right side
      of the detector. The bad one is to pull it.bad strike cam follower or standing pin cam follower
      so worn out the selector disk cant pass the the blocks on the cam followers!!
      Whe the small roll pin breaks the call is full deck of pins no deck shift and deck cable off then double dump. If you are just a little above
      0 deg. pull on the flag see if you can move it pull on the D shaft sometimes you can feel it the
      broken roll pin
      Any way the D shaft does a lot of things controls
      the flag,deck holding hook,sweep hook,deck lowering hook,Pin detctor link.
      Have fun with it I hope I gave you some good info

Mike
      http://www.bowlingcomputersolutions.com

Comment

OK eddie...I went back and read your post from about a month ago. You stated that the strike cam follower doesn't fall to the cam until you reach 270 degrees...this makes it sound like it could be linked to the scissor cam follower binding against the moving deck/scissor latch. At 270 degrees, the scissor cam follower is lifted off of the moving deck/scissor latch. If you look in your service manual on page 2-6, you will see a good diagram of the mechanisms that are controlled by the "D" shaft. This shaft is what your strike cam follower is pinned to.

The puzzling thing is that you say if you back the machine up to 180 degrees, you can force the strike cam follower down...and if the problem is the scissor cam follower, you wouldn't be able to force it until you backed it up to 90 degrees or allowed it to go past 270...

So, another idea...at the bottom of the strike cam follower is the pin detector link. As a test...remove the link at the strike cam follower. Cycle the machine and see if the strike cam follower falls into the low of the cam at 90 degrees. The machine will still set a shadow rack...but it will give an answer as to the general area of the problem. Remove the x-washer pin and cycle the machine and just observe the strike cam follower. This is a simple test. If the strike cam follower does not lower with this disconnected, then the problem should end up being in the moving deck/scissor latch. Hope this helps you...

[ January 28, 2002: Message edited by: JBEES ]
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

good post guys...
          also remember that if a cycle soloniod is out of adjustment or in a bind(not allowing enough room for the accurator to pivot) it will not allow for the strike cam follower to completely fall in the low dwell. Normally this will end up as a 10 on 10 deck jam because the deck makes a long stoke but does not set pins.
          As a check will the pinsetter off pull up on the cycle solonoid plunder and engage cluth,with the latch out from under the reset lever you should still have play if you pull up on the solonid plunger. If the cycle solonoid is in adjust you should be okay...unless the plunger seat has come loose and sliding down in the coil binding plunger.

Sorry for the long post.
          Peanut
          Peanut

Comment

I had the same problem on one of my machines that i have. Figured out that the clutch latch had some binding at the pivot pin not letting the strike cam follower fall into place. Cleaned all the muck off and lubed it up works like a dream

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X