Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bouncy decks

Lane 3 has a deck that when it picks up standing pins and sets them back down it bounces up and down like a bind but...i replaced the springtube assy.and a new spring in it w/o any change in deck action.,checked deck lift shaft bearings and all look fine,checked deck arm bearings and all look fine,could it be a 2-1 bearing in the scotch yolk going bad?(I have the scotch yolk units)
    Eccentric looks fine!Now when it sets a new rack it's not bouncing,goes up smoothly.I have this same problem on about 4 lanes!!If i figure out lane 3 then maybe it's the same on the others.I see no jerking in the eccentric at all,it's all lube up and the yolks are all greased.Now i can put a finger or two on the eccentric when it runs(I KNOW...don't do that but i had to feel for problems)and i feel no vibrations.
    What in the world of Jap a-2's is going on?Like i said...goes up and down smoothly from a full rack but NOT on the short stroke.
    Speaking of short strokes..lane 18 did that and i found(i hope)that the strike lever pin,the one mounted for the strike switch plate was bent and binding on the strike cam bearing,i removed that part and she seems to run just dandy now!It tried to set pins on a short stroke.Anywho...ideas on the jerky decks???

Re: Bouncy decks

Hello Nighthawk,
    Sounds like you need to check your deck lowering hook adjustment. If I remember right Its should be 1\32 of an Inch on those pinsetters.If the gap Is to big It allows the deck to fall on It on a standing pin cycle, and there fore It will bounce.
    Hope this helps.
    The Master
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

I am assuming you are seeing the bouncing after the machine has gone past 180 degrees on a first ball standing pins cycle. The biggest cause of this problem for your machines is what Mike mentioned. If the gap is too large...bouncing can occur. Your biggest contributor to this problem is speed. You mentioned in an earlier thread you wanted to slow down your machines because they are running at A-2 speed. Your best project at this point would be to slow the machines down. This gap Mike mentioned is the biggest cause of broken/cracked/bent deck lift shafts. This adjustment MUST be maintained on machines running at A-2 speeds with Scotch Yokes. The bouncing will accelerate the damage being caused by the misadjustment. Even maintaining the gap will not prevent problems with your deck lift shafts. I would take a very close look at the machines you are having this problem with and examine the deck lift shaft at all welds. Cracking may already be apparent. Look for a bow in the middle of the deck lift shaft where the ears meet the shaft. You will probably notice a considerable difference in the height of the shaft at the outsides versus the middle. If this is present, you may notice a problem with losing your full deck signal on strike cycles. Hope you are lucky and don't see these problems...deck lift shafts are expensive.

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: JBEES ]
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Good Point,
        I also seen the gearbox housings crack where the yoke goes In to the bracket.
        Slow them bad boys down. I did that one time, And got rid of the yokes Installed links Instead. worked good
        The Master
        DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

As soon as it picks up the standing pins the bouncing/jerkiness occurs,it will do it also on the way back up after respotting the pins.The deck hook cam lever is good.Kind of looks like the deck is on a rubber band,it's that sort of bouncing to it.Adjustments seem to be fine.
          (take a rubber band and quickly stretch it,that's what the bouncing looks like).
          I will do the motor pulley change to slow it down and then see how she runs.
          I'd love to go with lowering links and not the scotch yolks but that's not gonna happen around here.Thanks for all advice given,i always look at what needs to be looked at after i get a posted response.Thanks again!!

Comment

Interesting that it does it on the way up...can't say as I've seen that before. But nothing surprises me anymore on these machines...
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I noticed that the t-track has alot of play on it from the bearings going bad(?),so...i'll get a pair of bearings and replace them and see how she does.,at zero it's quite a bit of play whereas the others do not have near that amount of play/slop.
              Maybe,just maybe the t-track is also bad from years of wear and lack of lubing from the other mechanic that was here.I'll let ya's know what's up.

Comment

Well,after adjusting the eccentric i get less "bouncing" but,i cannot get it any closer then say oh...7/16 of an inch,maybe a bit more.,is this meaning i need a new eccentric brass ring?
                I can turn the ring all i want but not get to the proper gap.Now if i need a new ring, should i get a new felt pad,u-bolt etc?
                She's a bit better but i want it better!
                Finally found more time to LOOK at things with this lane.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X