Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEDs for ball 1-2 lights?

Have any of you tried using LEDs for the ball 1 and 2 lights? Most of our plastic housing that holds the bulbs in is melted away. So, I have been thinking about trying LEDs as in drilling a hole in the middle of the yellow circle and mounting the LED right in the center. But, LEDs might not be bright enough to see all the way up front. So far all I can find is 12 volt leds so would have to reduce the 24v down to 12. Whatchathink? Thanks.
    Howard

Re: LEDs for ball 1-2 lights?

AMF makes a printed circuit board with LED's on it. Each indicator has four LED's. It is more than bright enough to accomplish the job. If you wish to use the 12V type of LED's...hook two of them in series and you won't have to change a thing. If you placed 4 of them in a tight circle...OK square...and tied each set in series then the 2 sets in parallel...I think you would have what you are looking for. Good luck...
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Howard,
      Dont for get that if you replace the bulb with a led you will have to put a resistor in series with it been thinking about this one myself this week going away to calculate the resistor value...

Comment

ive been pickin at this one myself, and the resistor your lookin for is a 1/2 to 1 watt, 330 to 470 0hm resistor. if you want to fry led lights, use 220 ohm, which ups the volts to around 16 to 18, which really makes em bright, but burns em so bad, they go dark after two hours.if you dont want to go that route, just buy a couple of diodes. one needs to be hooked up in series with the light, (because its ac voltage anyway) :p the other needs to be a 12 volt zener diode tapped anode to the positive, cathode to negative. the reason ive been pickin at it is im converting those pesky gold crown foul boxes to only put out 2 volts dc to use 10 mm super bright led's for the light source. (ive tried it and it works, although the things get real sensitive). i started this after getting pissed at the cost and longevity of the ge 210 bulbs.

if i had two cents, id rub em together.... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
        if i had two pennies, i could rub them together...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X