Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting finger trouble

We have replaced three spotting fingers on one machine in the last week. Can not seem to find the reason they keep breaking. It is not the same pin each time. Is there something going on or is this just really an unlikely coincidence? We have not had to change spotting fingers all year and now three in a row. Pinchaser reported one deck jam. There does not seem to be anything loose, sloppy, no cracks in deck. Clearances appear normal (compared to other machines). Thanks

Re: spotting finger trouble

I'd be looking real hard at the deck jam switch/wiring, and what's causing the jams to start with ...

I've seen a few BENT fingers from time to time, but never one that was completely broken, and no way 3 on the same machine in one week.

Also, if the timing corresponds with the hiring of a new chaser or other backend worker, be sure they know how to clear a jam properly, unless you want the next failure to be a 1/1 ...

Kevin

Comment

Agree with Kevin, the deck jam switch must shut the pinsetter off immediately!!! Here's a few other things to check:
      be sure all spotting finger and deck chute bolts are tight...
      lubricate the needle bearings on both sides of the deck torque shaft., the point at which the shaft enters the stationary deck.
      make sure the scissors' cable is in adjustment.. half op-en scissors can bind pins and/or spotting fingers
      jeff

Comment

pat what lane is it, i'll stop by thurs. afternoon and take a look at it. rob@wildcat

Comment

Something to look at in regards to your deck jam switch. Be sure it has the return spring installed to help the switch shut off. Part number 12-700041 Page 171 index X127. This little spring can save a 1:1. Amazing what a $1 part can do...good luck.
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

A double AMEN to what steve just said

Those who have them take them for granted ... was not "government issue" when machine was made ...

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X