Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerkey Deck

I am running A-1 Machines and i'am in a small house but on lane 4. When it comes down after the first ball is delivered to pickup pins to goto the second cycle instead of a clean cycle up & down it stops on the pins for a quick extra minute and then Jumps up real quick to get away from the sweep. Any Help?

Thanks
    Tony
    E&O Bowl Lanes

[ February 07, 2002: Message edited by: E&O Bowl ]

Re: Jerkey Deck

Tony:

A couple thoughts:

Sounds like possibly either the eccentric adjustment is off, or the machine may be out of time.

Look at the eccentric adjustment in your service manual. If the eccentric is allowing too much travel for the lowering hook, it would make the deck start to lift later than normal.

Quick timing check: machine on first ball, no pins standing. Cycle machine to exactly 90. At 90 strike, the following conditions should exist:

4/1 crank rod should be straight through the center of the shaft (starting point to verify you are at exactly 90, move machine by hand till it's exact) NOW:

Deck should be at its lowest point (if 2/1 is right)

Slash on MD/Scissor cam should run straight through the center of the scissor cam follower (if 1/1 is right)

Strike cam follower in detector should be precisely in the low dwell of the cam (if detector is right)

Hope this helps, let us know what you find:

Kevin

Comment

Tony:
      Sounds very much like your machine is making the detecting stroke while on the long link instead of the short hook. Check your deck heights, both setting pins and on a strike.
      Hope of some help.
      Roscoe
      rfm

Comment

A clue that your machine is doing what Roscoe mentioned is that after a strike...the deck will lower to the floor to detect pins and then you would lose your full deck signal...double loading the deck (if you have 20 pins in the machine) and then the machine would black out. If you are seeing this problem...then check the eccentric adjustment. If you aren't seeing the problem with the blackouts or getting 180's with the deck full...you may have other issues. Your lowering hook may be slipping off the lifting pin in your deck lift shaft when it is on its way up. This could be caused by a bent roll pin that sticks out of the side of the lowering hook. You may also have a sticking eccentric. With the machine at zero degrees, slowly lift the lowering hook and see if there is any drag while you are lifting it. This drag can be caused by a lack of lubrication or by having the "U" bolt that surrounds the eccentric too tight. Hope this helps...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X