Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Shaft assy

Is it possible to replace a d-shaft assy while it's still in the detector?I have a machine that once in a while it will set pins while being held up on the lowering hook,problem started after a clutch reset lever cracked at the weld,i replaced it and adjusted the dashpot but every now and then it want's to set pins the wrong way.,all else seems to be fine,i am thinking d-shaft has a problem,if at 270 i move the d-shaft inward i can get the lowering hook to slip off and it seems to easy to get it to slip off.I see nothing binding in the detector,no excess oil to make something slip off and blocking surfaces are all good.Now it's starting to bug me.So...am i thinking in the right way...D-Shaft assy?,worn out spring or bent shaft?
    Adjustments are on yet it wants to slip off.It's bugging me alot more now!

Re: D-Shaft assy

Nighthawk:
    Run machine to 270 setting pins, unplug. Remove x washer pin from butterfly ( flag actuator ), roll pin from strike cam follower then slide shaft to seven pin side untill the 12-150183 hook selector latch can be removed. Either replace with a new one or resurface old one on a belt sander, needs a sharp , distincitive point on it. Very hard to accomplish on any thing but a belt sander.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Did you mean part #12-100183,lowering hook selector,it's the only number i locate for that.
      (pg.14,#gb196 in the service parts book).I don't have a spare(yet)but i did try to smmoth it off some and i was getting a better hold after that instead of slipping off.
      In amongst stuff lying aroung in back i did find a partial detector and will have to finish it so i have a spare,it will be my first detector to rebuild.,then i can swap one out when need be.
      Thank you for the advice!
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like this place when I first got here, the detector was in a 5 gallon bucket of oil and in more pieces than I could ever imagine, I thought it was for spare parts until I removed all the pieces and cleaned them up. Having never rebuilt one before it was to say the least a fun job. They are really not that bad if you don't get in a hurry and just accomplish one section at a time. We remove the D shaft every time we change the hook selector bearing so changing it out should be the same process but you would remove it entirely instead of us only sliding it back half way.

Have fun with it!
        Drill
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
        Working...
        X