Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pins wobble when respot at 270

Last season we installed "Twister" pins in our Brunswick A pinsetters (they are gray pinsetters not older green pinsetters). The pinsetters have the deck lowering link not the "scotch yoke".

When the pinsetter respots the pins at 270 degrees the pins will wobble and fall over. It is not always the same pin or the same pin position. I have adjusted the deck height, deck is level to lane, deck eccentric is ok, moving deck cable and scissor cables are ok. After all of the adjustments, the deck still makes a small shift back at 180 degrees when the pins are in the scissors. At which point the pins are set down on the edge of the pin. This happens on all pinsetters and randomly makes the pins wobble and fall over. I have talked to the "Twister" people and the swear I am the only person who is having the problem. However, we never had the problem with AMF pins or Brunswick pins. Ususally it is a single pin but not always. Any ideas? Thanks!

Re: Pins wobble when respot at 270

A small shift in the moving deck when at 180 tells me that your moving deck cable is still too loose. I would also check your deck pads.

Happy hunting, billman
    let me be myself

Comment

Thanks for the reply....If I adjust/tighten the moving deck cable then the pinsetter will not set the pins correctly on first ball...the spotting fingers will touch the pins and make them wobble...the deck pads were put in new last bowling season.

I think I am going to replace all of the pads on the scissors and see if that helps...doubt it will as they are all in pretty good shape. Thanks again!

Comment

Billman's right on this one. It's the cable. Sometimes you'll have to play with the deck height to get it to work properly, even if it is what it's supposed to be. You may also want to check the deck shaft adjustments in the manual. (height and front to back placement)

The cable should be adjusted with the deck in it's full rearward position. (approx 330 deg.) There should be a 1/2" gap from the center of the front bolt on the geneva cam, and the center of the roll pin that stops the moving deck from going too far back. Then set the deck height at 1" at 270 deg.

I adjust my spotting with the deck height. I get the cable as close to spec as I can, and then fine tune the deck height to where the spotting fingers just barely brush against the pins to stabilize them. They spot true every time. Usually the deck height will remain anywhere from 15/16" to 1". Not exactly where it's supposed to be, but it has worked very well for me.

P.S. Whenever adjusting deck height, ALWAYS re adjust the holding hook to spec. You may have to adjust the restricted drop linkage on the turret too.

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: BrunsAce ]
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Perry,
          Been on GS's for a while, but here are several other things which might cause your problem.
          -worn tip on the moving deck cam follower(contacts the "flag")
          -worn blocking surface on the flag
          -loose pivot mount for the flag
          -loose moving deck cam follower pivot shaft

If it's happening across the house, I would suspect it's one of the worn problems. By the way----- I wish I had a dollar for all the times when a manufacturer has told me "no one else is having that problem"!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X