Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preference system.

Hi all,

The center I work in has the model A pinsetters with the original style track. It has not been converted to the A2 style track so my question here is this. There is no preference system on this setup. It has been disconnected long ago and parts removed. In other words, it was never kept up. I am not the head mechanic but the new head mech wants to install a preference system. What surprises me is that Zot has not come up with a replacement system for those who are having trouble getting parts. Brunswick parts for this are obsolete. So has anyone come up with any design for a preference system for the model A return track.

Is there anyone else who has this same setup. Im curious. Your views. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Preference system.

MSbowl:
    Was never succesful to begin with. Most parts very expensive, owing to unavailabilty. One option that helps, is to install auto triggering, does not stop kids from bowling at the same time, but in all other cases, helps immensely.
    Roscoe
    rfm

Comment

Auto triggering has been installed, helped some. However, this is the most common call we have and its definetly a PITA. But I guess we cant have everything.

msbowl. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I also have As and the preferance system can be a real pain. The cost of parts is outragous and sometimes just finding the darn things is tough. I have played with an electronic version, but with little success (so far). Perhaps one of the big companies will pick up my idea and we will all be seeing a version in the next few years.

billman
        let me be myself

Comment

I know billman, Ive talked to the head mech, and he wishes that this could be corrected. The house would run smoothly if it wasnt for that problem. Let alone trying to find parts for that setup is one thing but a complete system is another.

msbowl

Comment

Never seeing an A system what is the difference between the A and A2 preference systems?

Drill
            Drill

David Bolt
            Champaign, IL
            USBC Silver Coach
            IBPSIA BOD
            IBPSIA Advanced
            Technical Certified
            Pro Shops

Comment

I have A pinsetters thet up until a year ago had no preferance system. We had so many calls that when a school class came in we would need someone to go out and explain to them not to bowl at the same time.
              I finally had enough, and ordered up some used preferance bars from Dan Tucker in Texas. He was able to supply everything that I needed, at about a third the cost of new.
              The parts that seemed to be the most outrageous cost were the parts used to attatch the bars to the unistruts, but I was able to find most of those im my junk drawer, and only had to order a few.
              It was kind of a pain to get these all installed and working properly, but now that its done I am glad I did it.

Russ
              You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Comment

Drillmn,

On an A system the return on the odd machine goes around the cross conveyor instead of underneath like an A2 system. On the even number machine it is pretty much the same as an A2 but the track is an actual C shape instead of a C slope shape like A2. Preference system was completely different, although it looked like it would work its just that the previous mechs never kept up with it.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X