Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd ball recycle to 270

i am having a problem with a lane, and after tracking down a blackout problem from hell, bad pin release, index roller, stop latch, roller on the back of long link, roll pin and strap, bent pin gate, turret wires, missing spring on blocking finger (you know that spring) mis-adjusted flag, trip lever and finally a turret stop that was put on top of the wrong spoon! and this is the first machine i have gotten into! i just started there and to give you an idea what i am up against the previous "mechanic" removed all preference's because he didnt know how to adjust them! springs and duct tape on everything, any way after getting the turret working i noticed it would get a call where it would be in second ball stopped at 270, it recycles only on the second ball and stops at 270, i have also noticed that when it is coming up to zero the 4 to 1 will jump a little bit. only at zero it doesnt jump any where else, like it is stopping short and then catching up. any help?
    p.s. does any one have the pinsetter schematic available on-line mine is missing about 50 pages
    thanks bruce

Re: 2nd ball recycle to 270

Freedomnot,

It sounds like the clutch actuator link is getting locked back on the clutch reset lever. Check the dashpod height plunger and see if its too high. And with springs and tape on everything that doesnt help the situation either. You've got your hands full here for sure. Hope this helps. Its just one thing to check for.

msbowl [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

it looks like you need to do some prevent maint on you're machines since the last mech didnt do thins the right way oh well some guys need to clean up after other people but thats what we get paid for. Good luck. P.S. get a good pin chaser to help you with the work

Comment

make sure you check your clutch reset mechanism. Maybe sloppy from no pm. check spring on side of gearbox on clutch reset lever side. Maybe wrong one?

Comment

kewl dudes, i will check those springs tomm. adjusted dashpot today lane wasent really used but the lane right next to started to do the same thing
          hey i do have a pinjumper and he is real good at doing crossword puzzles anything else forget it hopefully that will change shortly.
          preventive forget it, it's alredy broke i have yet to see a pivot washer on a single pair of scissors. every lane has a "helper" spring on the l.h.? blocking finger, there was a such a strong spring on one g.b.clutch it wouldent cycle, did i mention the springs, this guy answer to life was a spring, if his girlfriend said to him "i'm pregnent" he would say "put a spring on it" i will have a serious pile of springs when i am done. dont get me wrong i aint bit**ing i live for this kind of stuff, turing a dungheap into something at least run's smooth, but sometime's you have to tell someone who at least understands [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          peace
          bruce

Comment

hey bruce. nice to know im not the only one with a milkcrate full of springs... nned any more? LOL

thats the kind of center where the minute i walk down back and see how things run, i say "HOLE", as in "S#!THOLE".... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
            if i had two pennies, i could rub them together...

Comment

yes definatly a sh**hole but after 3 weeks of knuckle busting constant wrenching, i aint running my a$$ off well running shifts got most of the blackouts and 180's knocked out ball calls wont leave till i get my prefrence parts [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] the cause of this call may have been one of two things 1. spring could have been wore out, put one with more tension on it. 2. g.b. clutch burned the sh** out of my hand when i went to look at it so i backed it off. between these 2 things i havent got this call again, and that is the theme in this place if it's broke, so is everything that touches it just plan on replacing everything.
              thanks for the help

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X