Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after the rake overtravel is gone

A question about A machines. After you eliminate the rake overtravel on an A machine, can the deck holding hook be raised and make the machine go from ball 2 to ball 1 like an A-2 does? Thanks.
    Howard

Re: after the rake overtravel is gone

Yes Howard, you may pull the holding hook up to put the machine into 1st ball as long as you have turn pan wipes on all of your machines. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Hey Charlie, I thought that you had 8230s. How do you come about being so knowledgeable on Brunswicks?
      Howard

Comment

Howard:
        Charlie, alias whatever, has been aroooound.
        His advise in most all matters is sound. His comments however, can cut. But, as I can picture him, ROTFLHAO, after his posts he is the most enterntaining participant.
        Roscoe
        rfm

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Howard:
          Hey Charlie, I thought that you had 8230s. How do you come about being so knowledgeable on Brunswicks?[/QUOTE]

Hi Howard, I'll try to keep this short so I don't bore you too much. I grew up around AMF machines, became a head mechanic at 18. The company I was working for at the time wasn't doing so well so I decided to move on. I took a job with AMF in Reading PA and disliked that even more....one of the regional managers that I worked for with the prior company had also moved on and became a manager for a large center in Philadelphia with 48 lanes of A's with Zot conversion. He wasn't very happy with the technical staff he had and wanted to make some changes in the staffing. He offered me the job and told me that he didn't feel that I would have a problem figuring them out. Well figure them out is what I did...I was there about one week and two of the guys that thought they should of gotten the position quit....I fired one...another one quit...well that left me and a brand new staff with less experience then I had....(eek)....Well for the next 6 months or so I was there day and night...slept on the desk a few nights....some nights I didn't get to sleep....but I was determined to make them run better....after about 6 months or so I had seen things that veteran mechanics told me weren't possible....or a least they had never seen. Anyway....if you want to learn a pinsetter real fast become a mechanic in a less desirable center and you'll be surprised how much you can learn in such a short period of time.
          Well...that's how I have gotten the experience on the different machines and that how I have gotten where I am today.... not sure where that is...but I'm there....... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

May I add a note to switching a machine back to 1st ball. If you lift the holding hook too high, you might change the 1st/2nd ball light adjustment. If you squeeze the front of the 1st/2nd ball light selector and the back of the 1st/2nd ball light switch together, you can put the machine back on 1st ball and not worry about changing the adjustment. Just a note...
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Also..Don't lift the hook while the machine is cycling.

I did that once in my dumb pinchaser days, and shattered the hook selector bearing. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
              <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X